69 year old petitions court to change his legal age to 49 (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/665592537/69-year-old-dutch-man-seeks-to-change-his-legal-age-to-49

Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old motivational speaker from the Netherlands, has petitioned a court for permission to change his legal age — by altering his birth certificate to show he was born 20 years later than he really was.

Ratelband argues that he feels two decades younger than he actually is — doctors told him he has the body of a younger man, he says. While in most cases that compliment is rhetorical, Ratelband is taking a more literal approach. He also says having a younger age on paper would give him a boost in life and on dating apps.

He presented his argument before a judge on Monday.

According to the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, or AD, Ratelband told the court he would be happy to delay his pension benefits for 20 years, as a logical extension of his age change.

The judge expressed some skepticism but also noted that changing the sex on a birth certificate, as transgender people have the right to do, once was impossible and is now allowed.

Age is only a number as they say.

Upside down world is upside down.

I can’t figure out if it’s just me watching the world pass me by, and thus a normal part of life.....or if this world really is more forked than it’s ever been.

Fascinates me to think about.

I'm doing this. I think you all know I'm 29 anyway.

I can’t figure out if it’s just me watching the world pass me by, and thus a normal part of life.....or if this world really is more forked than it’s ever been.

It's not just you and it's not normal. It's the death throes of bad philosophy that has permeated a culture. This sort of absurdity is to be expected.

Aren't you the attack helicopter? That was courageous of you to admit that truth about yourself.

If the judicial system over there moves as quickly as it does here, he'll be about 52 in his new age before it's resolved.

We can't not question race gender in USA why not dob
well race doesn't really exist and gender is not binary
he could argue that the way we measure time is a social construct and thus ALL of our ages are suspect, but he can't argue his age is different relative to everyone else unless he can show that the earth rotates and spirals differently for him than everyone else

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom