6th round pick for Adrian Peterson? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I would not expect us to make 8 selections. I would guess the extra 5th and 6th will be used to move up a few spots maybe in the 3rd or 4th if we see someone that is slipping.

I agree. I suspect they will wind up picking six players in the draft and will move a 5th and 6th to move up in the 3rd and/or 4th rounds. I am pretty sure they will try to move into the mid to late 2nd or early 3rd if a player they value highly slides down to a spot where they think they have the picks to move up. I would not be surprised to see a 2019 pick used in connection with one or more 2018 picks in order to do this.

I never quite understood what advantage or disadvantage comes from disclosing or not disclosing trade terms publicly.

Don’t expect a draft like last year. Last year they had 6 picks in the first three rounds. This year they only have 2. It works out to a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, and a 7nth.

8 picks, but most are from the 5th round on. Might get a few role players or special teamers, but an impact starter in those rounds is highly unlikely.

Not to mention this year's draft class is NOWHERE near the talent of last year's group as a whole, so..

Not to mention this year's draft class is NOWHERE near the talent of last year's group as a whole, so..

Thank you for answering my question before I even asked it.
Teams are often looking to trade down. The Saints can use these picks to trade up. They are at a stage where they need better players rather than a lot more players IMHO. A lot of starters are coming off IR. If there was ever a time to trade up, this could be it.
I know I posted more than once that the Saints should never never never trade up. I never expected that they would accumulate 8 picks, nor did I anticipate their going to the playoffs this year. If the 2018 draft is weak, I'll backtrack from that position.

It would have been a good deal had we gave AP to them in return for a Gatorade cooler.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom