A conversation with Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

I like the idea as a thought, but in practice, a Purdy panning out is pretty rare. Rare enough that building a strategy isn't normally viable. I'm open to it tho.

Is it really rare for someone like Purdy to work out? Or do guys like Purdy rarely get a chance?

Yes, and yes. :9:

Hill is a good example. Is Hurts really that much better than Hill? I don't see why Hill couldn't be just as successful as Hurts if an offense was built around his strengths. But one was a 2nd round pick and another was a UDFA. I think that there are a lot of QBs in the later rounds that could be successful if given a chance. I understand having a veteran backup QB if you have a young QB starting. But when you have an older QB that you know that you need to move on from sooner or later, why do you want to have another veteran QB backing him up that's never going to get better from what he already is. It doesn't make sense to me. But there's a reason that I'm not an NFL coach so what do I know?

I wish there was a way the Saints can keep him around. He’s a number two that can win some games, and by now he certainly can be a game manager if it’s close.

I especially loved the role-playing with his phone calls to Arthur Smith and Jimbo Fisher.

He wasn’t very good the three times we needed him this year. I would rather see what Haener has next year.

I heard a clip from another interview where they named like 5 cities that could be in the market for a QB and he picked Atlanta because it’s close to home.

He wasn’t very good the three times we needed him this year. I would rather see what Haener has next year.
He looked better coming in 2020 against the 49ers than this season. If the QB who took 1st team reps all week wasn't looking the best, what do we expect from the backup? One of these days, we might need to have an honest conversation about why preparation (or the lack thereof) is important..lol.

He looked better coming in 2020 against the 49ers than this season. If the QB who took 1st team reps all week wasn't looking the best, what do we expect from the backup? One of these days, we might need to have an honest conversation about why preparation (or the lack thereof) is important..lol.
Yeah, I don't know why Winston would be expected to look better than Carr did in relief duty when the entire offense was out of sync for most of the season. It's the same reason I don't put a lot on Carr either. The coaching staff really did a lot of decent players dirty this year.

We definitely win that packers game if Carr doesn’t get knocked out. We have a shot if he doesn’t get knocked out of the lions. Jameis just couldn’t do it. Just one of those games wins us the division and likely puts us in the second round of the playoffs. Maybe Haener is the next Brock Purdy. We’ll never know if he never gets to play. I feel confident he can at least match the 0-3 we were in games Carr got knocked out of last year.

Yeah, I don't know why Winston would be expected to look better than Carr did in relief duty when the entire offense was out of sync for most of the season. It's the same reason I don't put a lot on Carr either. The coaching staff really did a lot of decent players dirty this year.

When Carr got knocked out against the Packers we were up 17-0 with a win probability of 92.8%. We lost 18-17. You don’t expect our backup to be able to manage a win in that situation?

IMG_1875.jpeg

When Carr got knocked out against the Packers we were up 17-0 with a win probability of 92.8%. We lost 18-17. You don’t expect our backup to be able to manage a win in that situation?

IMG_1875.jpeg
You do realize that it was the THIRD sack during this game that got Carr injured, right? The line was playing horribly for Carr and you thought it was supposed to improve with his backup coming in cold? Not to mention that 7 of the 17 points were from a 76 yards kick return and the defense let the packers rattle off those 18 points in the 4th quarter. It's not as cut and dry as your little graph makes it out to be.

The NFL is a production business. Every team's backup has the same opportunities to get ready to fulfill their role. Those that can produce, keep their job or find a new one pretty quickly. Those that don't, won't.

If Haener can't cut it as the backup, he'll be replaced too.

Eventually Carr will be replaced for similar reasons. Produce or be replaced.

No excuses needed, regardless of anyone's personal favourites.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom