A determined, tough, opponent spirit taking team - like no other Saints team ever (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
what we are seeing, is the Saints team like we have never seen. The character, toughness, determination that coach Peyton has instilled in the team is a spirit we have never seen. This team does not just want to win games. This team wants to absolutely mentally and emotionally and physically destroy opponents. They went up to the most phyically hostile environment there is in the league to play against a brutally tough defensive opponent. We were completely injured, should not have been in the game, and walked away trash talking and destroying the Bears. This team broke the spirit of supposedly the most physically defensive team in the league at their home. Get ready, cuz this is Golden Era of the Saints and its more like the old Steelers than the 2009 Saints

Spot on Swimmer. This defense isn't like most of the defenses we've had under SP. These guys are rude and intimidating. I can't imagine being a QB or RB watching film preparing for this Saints defense. You'd see Davis running around lighting people up. You'd see freakish ends coming off the edges. You'd see an assortment of giant men collapsing the pocket and closing running lanes. Yikes.

Before the season I wanted the Saints to turn heel and embrace the dark side. I wanted them to become the villain and destroy the league. It looks like they've done that. They are playing for keeps.

Spot on Swimmer. This defense isn't like most of the defenses we've had under SP. These guys are rude and intimidating. I can't imagine being a QB or RB watching film preparing for this Saints defense. You'd see Davis running around lighting people up. You'd see freakish ends coming off the edges. You'd see an assortment of giant men collapsing the pocket and closing running lanes. Yikes.

Before the season I wanted the Saints to turn heel and embrace the dark side. I wanted them to become the villain and destroy the league. It looks like they've done that. They are playing for keeps.

And lol Drago, our defense is playing like the punk in-your-face defenses we used to hate and call trash. But now this our in your face defense and we love them. They are breaking teams spirit and potentially ruining a number of good teams for the rest of the season. Can you imagine how POed we would be if every time an opponent made a great defensive play the entire defense ran down the field right in front of the end zone of the our fans and showboated? LOL. Thank God they are ours

Last edited:
Right after yesterday’s game a TV commercial came on featuring Bears fans and their families and the song playing throughout was the Ying Yang Twins Stand Up and Get Crunk. Bears fans in face paint and Bear costumes were shown as Here We Come to Get You blasted. It was perfect.

No doubt about it Swim. I would absolutely hate this team if I didn't love this team. Remember those Deion Sanders defenses and the swagger they played with? I couldn't stand them but I bet falcon people loved it.

You bingoed Drago. The perfect word "Swagger!" Thx much

I cannot agree more Swimmer. I truly believe that Drew's injury was a blessing in disguise as it forced the entire team to look inward and recognize that everyone had to contribute for us to keep winning absent Drew. This team has shown me what it is made of and it starts with Coach Payton and his game planning which has IMO been the best of his tenure in New Orleans. He and the coaches and team leaders have also kept everyone focused on one game at a time and the succession of wins against top teams has impressed me very much.
I really think that the character of this team with Drew coming back healthy and rested will take this team deep into the playoffs this year. Pretty magical season we are starting to witness and I am enjoying every minute of it!

Coach of the year. I'll be the first to admit that I was a critic when we had those 7-9 seasons but finally turning the definisive corner and trading for TB were brilliant decisions, this team is very impressive.

That 2009 team absolutely destroyed other teams, just like 2011. What is more demoralizing, a fifty burger or eighty yards of total offense deep into the fourth quarter and 17 yards rushing for an entire game?

They both crush a teams sprit.

I can't wait for Drew to get back, hang a fifty burger on somebody and have the Defense destroy another offense, in the same game!

Spot on Swimmer. This year’s D is the equivalent of our ‘09 and ‘11 offenses. Balls to the wall, take no prisoners, crush your soul approach to football. Love it.

Coach of the year. I'll be the first to admit that I was a critic when we had those 7-9 seasons but finally turning the definisive corner and trading for TB were brilliant decisions, this team is very impressive.

And it wasn't just three 7 an 9 seasons in a row. We were the only team to never be above .500 for a single game for over 3 years. I was alongside you calling for a redo of the good ole boys coaching staff, a new head of scouting, a GM to who SP had to report and even a new waterboy. But they completely rebuilt the team for Brees last few years, and for years post Brees. I am sure it was all our hell raising that made them fix this - lol. And i can't beleive they wont even give me a tryout - lmao. I'd make a heck of a good waterboy and daquiri boy

They asked how the Saints would ever bounce back from the blown call on top of the Minny Miracle. I guess this has answered their questions!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And Coach Pete who has become a big Who Dat fan thought no coach could get a team ready for a SB run after those 2 heart breaking season ending losses. He is so happy that he was wrong!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom