According to Saints Director of Sports Science, Alvin Kamara's acceleration is.... (1 Viewer)

... the highest he's ever seen in football."

I guess now is as good a time as any - I taught Dr Rhea’s son for 2 years (great kid, great family)
It was cool bc I got lots of behind the scenes insights… I know what you’re going to say but his info wasn’t 100% (more like 85%) and it was clear that news from the training room was more informed opinion than fact
It also felt a bit exploitative to get news from this kid and then go run to SSF , didn’t want them to get in trouble (not sure how/why they would but it felt icky)

Anyway big fan of Dr Rhea

Kamara's movements are so smooth and natural that people don't realize how fast he is moving unless they look at the yardage markers going by.

Yup, he is lightning quick which is wwwwaaaayyyyyyy more important than 40 time.....he is not your typical NFL back, I think he has the potential to play well into his 30's.....if the Saints OL and run schemes improve the AK is declining talk with vanish pretty quickly IMO....

That's beyond impressive for all three. I would have thought either Olave or Shaheed would have been quicker out of the gate given the size differentials alone.
Well, you just had to bring it up...

(I just skimmed that article and Acceleration as talked about here is measured going from one speed to another. That is, not necessarily from a stop to a certain distance.)

Last edited:
... the highest he's ever seen in football."

I did a DNA test a few years back that revealed I’m in the top 15.8% of the tested population for explosive muscle power. High end access to quick twitch or slow twitch muscle fibers.

I’m willing to bet he has access to the same

And yet people claim he lost steps not as good or as quick as he was after last year. Jamal Williams can’t run either. No not all. Our o line and play calling / scheme was horrible last year. That’s why our run game was abysmal. Not necessarily the RBs. Neither forgot how to run the ball in a years time.

(I just skimmed that article and Acceleration as talked about here is measured going from one speed to another. That is, not necessarily from a stop to a certain distance.)

Fantastic article, and something I've known for a long, long time.....

Sometimes players are both straight line fast and quick, and sometimes they are straight line fast and not that quick.....straight line speed does not equal quickness, not by a long shot.....It's why so many of the great WRs weren't "burners".....40 time isn't a useless metric but it is the most overused, overhyped, overrated one.....10 yard acceleration and how quickly one can change direction is the absolute key....IMO....

Fantastic article, and something I've known for a long, long time.....

Sometimes players are both straight line fast and quick, and sometimes they are straight line fast and not that quick.....straight line speed does not equal quickness, not by a long shot.....It's why so many of the great WRs weren't "burners".....40 time isn't a useless metric but it is the most overused, overhyped, overrated one.....10 yard acceleration and how quickly one can change direction is the absolute key....IMO....
Even the first step quickness is more important than straight line 40 yard time when you're lined up head to head with someone. Whoever wins the first step gains a big advantage blocking, hitting a gap, filling a gap, and getting open on short yardage passes.

Actually the article is talking more about Velocity than acceleration. Acceleration is a profile of velocities which is why they are interested in splits.

Amazed that Young is in that top 3!.. for a man that size to have that type of burst is absolutely incredible.. now if he can just stay healthy & do what he did to that blocking sled.. smh.. glad he's in the black and gold!

NW.

It definitely doesnt as the units should be meters per second squared if we are measuring acceleration.
Well yea I get that. I just mean it doesn’t register in my brain that a person can accelerate at 11 m/s^2.

36 ft per second

I guess now is as good a time as any - I taught Dr Rhea’s son for 2 years (great kid, great family)
It was cool bc I got lots of behind the scenes insights… I know what you’re going to say but his info wasn’t 100% (more like 85%) and it was clear that news from the training room was more informed opinion than fact
It also felt a bit exploitative to get news from this kid and then go run to SSF , didn’t want them to get in trouble (not sure how/why they would but it felt icky)

Anyway big fan of Dr Rhea

I happen to like informed opinions, gatekeeper. And as far you feeling icky...

I dress in the shower- saves time and laundry

C'mon, bro. We know way more about you than we should for you to feel icky about anything. If you can't over share on the internet, is this life even worth living???

I happen to like informed opinions, gatekeeper. And as far you feeling icky...

C'mon, bro. We know way more about you than we should for you to feel icky about anything. If you can't over share on the internet, is this life even worth living???
You had that one in the tuck🤨
No not my ick about me, ick about exploiting my student for info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom