Actor/Actress with the Most Impeccable "Nerd" Credentials (1 Viewer)

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not sure that's enough for "nerd cred"

she's barely in LOTR and if Thor counts then every actor in the MCU counts (especially the Avengers actors)
she was in shaun of the dead. that should be enough.

2009ring

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oscar Isaac is starting to work his way into the discussion. MCU, Star Wars....

OP
Cage1
Reaction score
I still think Karl Urban is the nerd king in terms of overall body of work. Anyone else make a case for better?

Dude is laying it on with a role in this new The Boys show. Also, I believe he had a recurring role in Xena. Pretty tough to match up with him.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude is laying it on with a role in this new The Boys show. Also, I believe he had a recurring role in Xena. Pretty tough to match up with him.

Urban also player a major character in The Chronicles of Riddick, was main character in that TV series where he was a cop and a robot was his partner, main character in Pathfinder, where he plays a Viking adopted by Native Americans (which is speculative fiction); he was in the Doom movie...

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I am going with Mel Blanc. The "man of a 1000 voices".He was the voice for almost every beloved cartoon character of the 60's and 70's. From Bugs Bunny to Barny Rubble. He was also the Voice for Twikki the robot on the Buck Rogers tv show in 1980-82.

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Mayim Bialik.

She first came to mind when I read the title of this thread. How many other Hollywood actors have a science PhD ? Unfortunately she's also an a anti-vaxxer nutjob so gets marked down.

But then I read the thread which redefined "nerd cred" as "being in comic book/sci fi/fantasy movies", which by that standard she has zero unless you count The Big Bang Theory.

OP
Cage1
Reaction score
I still think Karl Urban is the nerd king in terms of overall body of work. Anyone else make a case for better?
Karl is now just piling on with The Boys.

Hugo Weaving is a strong one too, but I think he's starting to lag now.

wyrmer

Aboard the crazy train
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hugo Weaving is the winner, but...

Sean Bean should also be noted. Yeah, his character usually dies but still an impressive resume.
Lord of the rings, Game of thrones, Equilibrium/Cubic, as well as voice acting in computer games like the Civilization and Elder scrolls series. Tons of other stuff as well, but those are kinda heavy hitters in the nerd genre.

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Urban also player a major character in The Chronicles of Riddick, was main character in that TV series where he was a cop and a robot was his partner, main character in Pathfinder, where he plays a Viking adopted by Native Americans (which is speculative fiction); he was in the Doom movie...

Almost Human. Just another in a long line of really good sci-fi shows FOX has cancelled after one season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom