Adam Lanza Motivated by Norway Masacre (1 Viewer)

I could care less what motivated that lunatic. What I care about is why we're even still talking about him. Oh, it's the media that doesn't realize or care that it's overglorifying his deeds by keeping him in the news? That must be what it is.

I can't name a single child he killed, or someone killed by another one of these mass murderin' lunatics, off the top of my head. But thanks to the attention that's typical of today's media I can probably give you a dozen killers' names without having to resort to Wikipedia.

You blaming the media for your own knowledge is kind of sorta weird.

Seems the media has listed and profiled them often, but since you haven't noticed, here's what I found:

Charlotte Bacon 2/22/06
Daniel Barden 9/25/05
Rachel Davino 7/17/83
Olivia Engel 7/18/06
Josephine Gay 12/11/05
Ana Marquez-Greene 4/4/06
Dylan Hockley 3/8/06
Dawn Hocksprung 6/28/65
Madeleine Hsu 7/10/06
Catherine Hubbard 6/8/06
Chase Kowalski 10/31/05
Jesse Lewis 6/30/06
James Mattioli 3/22/06
Grace McDonnell 11/04/05
Anne Marie Murphy 7/25/60
Emilie Parker 5/12/06
Jack Pinto 5/6/06
Noah Pozner 11/20/06
Caroline Previdi 9/7/06
Jessica Rekos 5/10/06
Avielle Richman 10/17/06
Lauren Rousseau 6/82
Mary Sherlach 2/11/56
Victoria Soto 11/04/85
Benjamin Wheeler 9/12/06
Allison Wyatt 7/3/06

List of victims released in Newtown shooting | 7online.com

The M16 is not the same as an AR-15 and you know that. The M-16 is select fire, the AR-15 is semi-auto like many civilian rifles - though civilian rifles are available in larger calibers than .223.

The AR-15 is the gun under attack - not the M-16.

I didn't suggest an assault weapons ban. I don't even care about full auto being banned.

You've danced around and around and refused to acknowledge that your side is refusing to permit ANY regulation. Your side has also emasculated the existing regulatory and enforcement body by legislative means to the point there's not even a ATF director. There are fewer people working to regulate guns than there are studying African Bees.

What I have suggested is an honest consideration of what would solve the problem without violating the 2nd amendment. I think those steps could include licensing, regsitration, background checks, taxes, ammo purchasing reform and more.

I'm interested in a solution and not the stupid anti-gun pro-gun douchiness.

A ban on semi-auto rifles won't make any difference at all. I agree.

What will?

There was a few hero teacher profiles all over the internet for weeks.. Child after child... family after family... The only way you couldn't have noticed is if you choose not to pay attention.

Sorry, I revised my post just a tad before I saw this. You might have more to comment on (I haven't had to do as many builds at work, so less down-time)

You've [...] refused to acknowledge that your side is refusing to permit ANY regulation. Your side has also emasculated the existing regulatory and enforcement body by legislative means to the point there's not even a ATF director.

What is "my side"? Abstractly, I'm pro-liberty and anti-big government. Do you have a side?

Also, your statement would be more accurate if it read "You've [...] refused to acknowledge that your side is refusing to permit ANY FURTHER regulation". What's missing in all this is that (in reference to another post) the current state of affairs is the middle ground as compared to actually having no firearm regulations. People are now seeking another middle ground. The "slippery slope" then dictates I predict that people will still be murdered, mass shootings will still occur and out they'll come with more regulations. This may not transpire, but one cannot guarantee it won't any better than one can guarantee it will.

What I have suggested is an honest consideration of what would solve the problem without violating the 2nd amendment. I think those steps could include licensing, regsitration, background checks, taxes, ammo purchasing reform and more.

I must have missed this in the thread earlier.

Maybe I'm weird, but I personally like the idea of getting a "firearms license" based on competency and demonstrating an understanding of proper gun safety. Though, I can understand why some might shy away from this. CCL requires this, in a manner, and I'm interested in obtaining one - though I don't have any desire to carry a weapon (and don't own one)...I just like to have options open to me. Sort of like getting that U.S. ID that's like a driver's license. I don't visit Canada or Mexico ever...but if I had to, it would be nice to have the ID already there for me.

What's the specific issue with registration...is it not consistent? I support registration for the purposes of preventing straw purchases.

Background checks already are required for any FFL. If you want to enforce background checks for private sales, you could maybe perform the transaction at the FFL like selling a car and going through a Title company. Or something. I would not want to sell a firearm to some random guy.

I say no to the taxes part, it'll just rake in more money for the government (like, why don't they just ban cigarettes if they're so bad for people? Tax monies!). I can see the merits of a tax if the funds are only used to fund projects to help reduce gun crime or cover losses or pay the police forces or something, and not raided by Congress to build another bridge to nowhere, or to loan interest free to the EU. Not sure where I stand on those particular items.

Describe "ammo purchasing reform" please.

I'm interested in a solution and not the stupid anti-gun pro-gun douchiness.

Agreed. Mental Health services is the route I would suggest. Exactly what to do...I'm at a loss; it's not my area of expertise.

162_suicide-booth_1152.png

A ban on semi-auto rifles won't make any difference at all. I agree.

Totally. Biden also agrees with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom