Ahhh... to have this defense again... (1 Viewer)

Dude, Jumpy Geathers(97) was even everywhere!!!

What year did Johnson, Swilling, Jackson and Mills all make the pro bowl?

oh you are so right, it does bring tears to the eyes. that brings back some damn good memories. wow if we had that d now with our offence. damn this would be one hell of a year.

I can't even watch the entire clip......

WHY...... What would it take to have such a unit now.... If we had half of the defense we'd be undefeated this year.

they're called linebackers and we don't have any right now

Man, those dudes just mangled offenses. And notice the solid relationship amongst that unit on the field. They seemed to all be on the same page, all the time.
Some of those RBs looked like, "Awww crap, I ain't gettin' hit. Here's the ball!" The problem with that is they still hit you hard, even after you fumbled or threw an INT. Boy, to have that again, the times when you were allowed to just go out there and play. Now it's "no touching the QB or WR", or "you looked at him too rough - personal foul".

Man, those dudes just mangled offenses. And notice the solid relationship amongst that unit on the field. They seemed to all be on the same page, all the time.
Some of those RBs looked like, "Awww crap, I ain't gettin' hit. Here's the ball!" The problem with that is they still hit you hard, even after you fumbled or threw an INT. Boy, to have that again, the times when you were allowed to just go out there and play. Now it's "no touching the QB or WR", or "you looked at him too rough - personal foul".

That was awesome. And remember, that was Marcus Allen gettin busted up in a bunch of those highlights.

As for the "unit", that was before free agency and some of those guys played together for 6 and 7 years.

I do wish we could educate today's defense on what it was like being a Saint back then. I'll bet not one of the guys playing for us today were big Saints fans back in the late 80's. They have no idea what the defense was like.

once again, people at my work think ive lost my mind. thank God this room is soundproof. Im jumping up and down and hollering like this is happening for the 1st time.

Did everyone notice how young Turf looked back then? Still, he made several great plays including the first "tackle" that is shown against number 44 of the Falcons. That play might be the beginning of the Falcon fan's hatred of Turf.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom