All things Florida Man (2 Viewers)

PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) — Crime might not pay, but authorities say a criminal tried to.

Authorities arrested a Florida man who they said broke into a convenience store and took a few items, although he left his debit card behind.

In a video Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly posted to Facebook, the suspect told deputies he left his debit card so he “could come back later and pay” for the items he took.

“I didn’t want to steal anything, you know, that’s against the law,” he said in the video……

A Florida toddler who was found dead in the jaws of an alligator last month was drowned by his father before falling into the animal’s grasp, according to police.

The cause of death for two-year-old Taylen Mosley was confirmed by the local coroner’s office, said a statement on Monday from police in St Petersburg.

News of Mosley’s death in early April sent shockwaves through Florida and drew national headlines. The toddler’s body was found in the mouth of an alligator shortly after a family member discovered the child’s mother, 20-year-old Pashun Jeffery, dead in the family’s apartment…….

A Florida Uber Eats driver was murdered and dismembered after bringing food to a “demonic” known gang member’s home, according to authorities.

Oscar Solis, 30, is accused of randomly killing 56-year-old Randall Cooke at a home in Holiday, Florida, and dumping his remains in trash cans.

Investigators say they also found the victim’s wedding ring and car keys in the home where he dropped off food on 19 April.

“He’s a very violent individual,” said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco of the suspect. “Now, we have a hard-working guy, a loving husband who’s no longer with us because this violent individual killed him.”……..

A Florida man brutally beat his grandmother to death with a hammer before asking a housekeeper to clean up the bloody murder scene, according to police.

Anthony Michael Corrado of Naples, Florida, is accused of killing his grandmother and seriously injuring his grandfather in the attack at their home.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office says that Corrado’s grandparents had an active order for protection against him, but did not give any details of why the restraining order was taken out…….

Guess this can go here
=================
CANTONMENT, Fla. (AP) — Animal control officers rounded up more than 600 pigs from an animal sanctuary in Florida after their overwhelmed owner called for help.

It took nearly four days for officers in Escambia County to capture so many pigs on the 8-acre (3.2-hectare) property used by In Loving Swineness Sanctuary, said John Robinson, the county’s animal control director.

Last year, the sanctuary had about 150 miniature pigs that its owners were using to remove invasive cogon grass around the Florida Panhandle community of Cantonment, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

The pigs proved to be prolific procreators. Their population had grown so large, Robinson said, that the sanctuary operator called his agency last week saying: “I can’t take this anymore.”

During the roundup, the pigs showed “zero interest” in cooperating with animal control officers, who left several of the larger hogs behind to ensure nobody got hurt, Robinson said.

“It’s so difficult when you’re dealing with that many animals,” Robinson said. “It shouldn’t be the county’s responsibility to clean up somebody’s mess like that. At this point, we’ve basically zapped our resources.”

The captured pigs were divided up and trucked off to farms and other new homes outside the county…….

Guess this can go here
=================
CANTONMENT, Fla. (AP) — Animal control officers rounded up more than 600 pigs from an animal sanctuary in Florida after their overwhelmed owner called for help.

It took nearly four days for officers in Escambia County to capture so many pigs on the 8-acre (3.2-hectare) property used by In Loving Swineness Sanctuary, said John Robinson, the county’s animal control director.

Last year, the sanctuary had about 150 miniature pigs that its owners were using to remove invasive cogon grass around the Florida Panhandle community of Cantonment, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

The pigs proved to be prolific procreators. Their population had grown so large, Robinson said, that the sanctuary operator called his agency last week saying: “I can’t take this anymore.”

During the roundup, the pigs showed “zero interest” in cooperating with animal control officers, who left several of the larger hogs behind to ensure nobody got hurt, Robinson said.

“It’s so difficult when you’re dealing with that many animals,” Robinson said. “It shouldn’t be the county’s responsibility to clean up somebody’s mess like that. At this point, we’ve basically zapped our resources.”

The captured pigs were divided up and trucked off to farms and other new homes outside the county…….

I'll take a few racks of ribs and some chops if it'll help.

Excessive and probably unnecessary but this is kinda on the pool guy
====================

A Florida homeowner fired 30 shots at his pool cleaner after apparently mistaking him for an intruder – but will not face any charges.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said that the pool cleaner had been working at the home for more than six months when he was shot at by a former Army officer with an AR-15.

The victim, Karl Polek, 33, had arrived at the Dunedin house at 9pm to clean the pool after not being able to make his earlier appointment. Investigators say that he had not notified the homeowners that he would be there so late.

When Jana Hocevar, 43, spotted a man in their garden she locked the door and told her husband there was an intruder, officials say.

Her husband, Bradley Hocevar, a former lieutenant colonel in the Army, took his AR-15 assault rifle from a closet and fired two shots at the victim through a sliding glass door, wounding him with broken glass.

Not realising the pool cleaner had fled, the homeowner then proceeded to fire 30 shots in 90 seconds. Mr Polek was transported to the hospital with minor injuries, the sheriff’s office said.

The sheriff’s office said that the homeowner had “acted within the law” and no crime had been committed……

====================

A Florida homeowner fired 30 shots at his pool cleaner after apparently mistaking him for an intruder – but will not face any charges.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said that the pool cleaner had been working at the home for more than six months when he was shot at by a former Army officer with an AR-15.

The victim, Karl Polek, 33, had arrived at the Dunedin house at 9pm to clean the pool after not being able to make his earlier appointment. Investigators say that he had not notified the homeowners that he would be there so late.

When Jana Hocevar, 43, spotted a man in their garden she locked the door and told her husband there was an intruder, officials say.

Her husband, Bradley Hocevar, a former lieutenant colonel in the Army, took his AR-15 assault rifle from a closet and fired two shots at the victim through a sliding glass door, wounding him with broken glass.

Not realising the pool cleaner had fled, the homeowner then proceeded to fire 30 shots in 90 seconds. Mr Polek was transported to the hospital with minor injuries, the sheriff’s office said.

The sheriff’s office said that the homeowner had “acted within the law” and no crime had been committed……

30 shots fired and the dude has minor injuries? He's either a terrible shot, or he was just trying to scare the dude off.

====================

I'm sorry. Do you not assess the situation better before you start firing rounds at someone in your backyard? And he didn't realize the person fled and, what, shot up his backyard with 30ish more rounds? A former Army LTC at that. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Do you not assess the situation better before you start firing rounds at someone in your backyard? And he didn't realize the person fled and, what, shot up his backyard with 30ish more rounds? A former Army LTC at that. Embarrassing.
And now he has to replace a sliding glass door and whatever else he shot up. All because he was standing his ground. All he had to do was call 911 and keep an eye on the guy.

And now he has to replace a sliding glass door and whatever else he shot up. All because he was standing his ground. All he had to do was call 911 and keep an eye on the guy.
The shooting through the glass patio door gave me an immediate whiskey tango foxtrot thought. Not only did you fire at someone somewhat indiscriminately, you just removed a barrier between you and the "intruder." And destroyed a perfectly fine sliding door. 😄

A 63-year-old moviegoer who was assaulted after asking a couple to move from his reserved seats revealed how the younger attacker “just went to town on me.”

The victim, who has not been identified, reserved VIP tickets with his wife for a movie on 10 July at the AMC Pompano Beach 18 theater. He arrived to find another man and woman sitting in the seats and asked them to move.

“This guy just kept staring at me instead of getting up,” the victim told NBC6 on Friday. “I said to the people at this point, who didn’t apologize or say thank you, I said, ‘You guys can just keep the seats.’

“As I’m walking away, he said ‘Go run to your wife little boy.’ So I turned around and I said, ‘You know, I’m not the one who’s being a little boy, you took my seats and you didn’t apologize or you didn’t say thank you and I let you keep them.’”

“He jumped up, he wanted to fight me, he backed me up, I fell over the stairs and as soon as I fell down the stairs, it was like a boxer being against the ropes, this guy just went to town on me,” the victim said.…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom