Alvin Kamara signs 2 year extension (28 Viewers)

This deal would be labeled insanity for almost any nearing 30 RB in the NFL.....AK41 is not just any nearing 30 RB in the NFL, with adequate blocking he has shown he hasn't really lost a thing.....

That's true and I'm good with giving him this deal. But, it seems like RBs don't have slow declines. They just hit a wall and are suddenly not good.

I think AK has another 2 years in him where he will perform at top level, but it is a bit of a risk.

But they really need to figure out the OL because it's a total waste signing him to this deal if he's going to continually get hit and have to avoid tacklers 2 yards in the backfield. I know it was better when everyone was healthy, but they have to find a way to account for injuries and upgrade the starters so they can run against teams that commit to stopping the run and to stop guys like Jalen Carter from destroying our running game.

Last edited:
That's true and I'm good with giving him this deal. But, it seem like RBs don't have slow declines. They just hit a wall and are suddenly not good.

I think AK has another 2 years in him where he will perform at top level, but it is a bit of a risk.

But they really need to figure out the OL because it's a total waste signing him to this deal if he's going to continually get hit and have to avoid tacklers 2 yards in the backfield. I know it was better when everyone was healthy, but they have to find a way to account for injuries and upgrade the starters so they can run against teams that commit to stopping the run and to stop guys like Jalen Carter from destroying our running game.

I don't disagree, this was a feel good signing right now, if they don't fix the oline (acquire quality depth and stay healthy) it won't really matter.....

I don't disagree, this was a feel good signing right now, if they don't fix the oline (acquire quality depth and stay healthy) it won't really matter.....
I think the OL is in good shape compared to most position groups. Losing both McCoy and Ruiz would be hard for any NFL team to overcome. If they come back healthy in 2025, in theory only the LG position is in need of being filled that year, provided that Penning can continue to grow at RT.

We could probably do a better job of finding a good backup OT and backup interior OL, but even then I would expect trouble if we had multiple starting OL miss multiple games together.

I think the OL is in good shape compared to most position groups. Losing both McCoy and Ruiz would be hard for any NFL team to overcome. If they come back healthy in 2025, in theory only the LG position is in need of being filled that year, provided that Penning can continue to grow at RT.

We could probably do a better job of finding a good backup OT and backup interior OL, but even then I would expect trouble if we had multiple starting OL miss multiple games together.

I don't think you can say that right now, at least with a straight face....our depth is non existent, a train wreck....teams lose key players on oline all the time but don't struggle to the extent we have.....

I don't think you can say that right now, at least with a straight face....our depth is non existent, a train wreck....teams lose key players on oline all the time but don't struggle to the extent we have.....
I don’t know of too many teams that are piling up points that have had nine different starters on the OL in the first seven games. Keep in mind we also lost our starting QB and our most versatile offensive player (Hill), as well as our starting receivers. Our line looked like one of the best in the league when healthy. You can’t expect to have four or more backups that can come in and play at a starting level, those guys would be signing starter money contracts elsewhere.

The right move. He and Kendre will be a nice duo for foreseeable future
I hope so, it is time to think we need a workhorse that allows Alvin to play all over.

I hope Kendra can handle it, but as of now, we can't be certain.

I do think that when healthy the OL is fine. But I would not mind a younger upgrade at LG and I wouldn't mind an upgrade to Ruiz. But yes, beyond that we just need to add quality depth at OT and OG.

There is not a team in the league that can withstand their entire OL interior, being lost to injury.

Our problem is drafting. This wouldn’t be an issue if we hadn’t whiffed on Salvideri, and possibly also Young, and I’m pretty sure I am forgetting someone else.

Not to mention unexpected retirements of Hurst and Ram.

This is another “We suck because of our cap management style” boogeyman.

There is not a team in the league that can withstand their entire OL interior, being lost to injury.

Our problem is drafting. This wouldn’t be an issue if we hadn’t whiffed on Salvideri, and possibly also Young, and I’m pretty sure I am forgetting someone else.

Not to mention unexpected retirements of Hurst and Ram.

This is another “We suck because of our cap management style” boogeyman.

Saldiveri and Young look like misses, but I think a big part of the lack of depth on the OL is the lack of mid to late round picks that have been used on the OL. They seem to count on rookie UDFA to provide OL depth which seems like a bad approach to me.

If this signing is about making fans happy then it’s a great signing. If you’re running a business and that business is to win football games then it’s terrible. Can’t start thinking about winning until we reset and start over. Clear the books and get some high draft picks. Yes it will take a couple of years. But this track we’re on is leading nowhere.

As both a Saint's fan and an Kamara fan I am very excited for this deal. He deserves it and its exciting to think he will never where anything but black and gold.

Not sure what if anything it tells us about the direction the team is headed in the future. This feels like at least to me an indication that the Saints still think they can compete for the next couple of years. I guess we will see how the rest of the season plays out.

Saldiveri and Young look like misses, but I think a big part of the lack of depth on the OL is the lack of mid to late round picks that have been used on the OL. They seem to count on rookie UDFA to provide OL depth which seems like a bad approach to me.

Yup....totally agreed, the lack of quality or even decent depth is pretty glaring.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom