And what's the deal with Pacific time? (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been on work travel - the MNF game ended at 8:30. I was like, great ... now what?

And I wake up and flip on ESPN, Mike & Mike is already over.

They should call it round-tine.

The Sunday games start at 10AM. What a strange way to live.

It's even worse here in AZ since we don't do daylight savings. The beginning of our football season we're on Pacific time and the games start at 10. Then once everyone goes off daylight savings, we move to Mountain time and the games start at 11. I actually set my alarm for 9:55am last week for the games and then sat there for an hour waiting for it to start because I forgot it was on at 11 now.

The Sunday games start at 10AM. What a strange way to live.

yep, by far the worst part of living on the West Coast for me was having to get to a sports bar by 9am on a Sunday to get a good seat for the Saints game.. some people liked it because it was over around 1pm and you have the rest of the day, but screw that i'd rather sleep in.

Call it homerism if you want, but CST is by far the best time zone.

meh, i kind of like Eastern Time.. i only lived there (in FL) for a couple of yrs a long time ago-- but i'm nocturnal by nature, so i like the idea of everything being later-- the local news starts at 11pm, prime-time teevee starts at 8, Sunday early games start at 1 and MNF games start i guess at, what, 8:30?

It's even worse here in AZ since we don't do daylight savings. The beginning of our football season we're on Pacific time and the games start at 10. Then once everyone goes off daylight savings, we move to Mountain time and the games start at 11. I actually set my alarm for 9:55am last week for the games and then sat there for an hour waiting for it to start because I forgot it was on at 11 now.

C'mon man. The worst thing about PST was having to start drinking at 7 am instead of 9....

Just sayin'

meh, i kind of like Eastern Time.. i only lived there (in FL) for a couple of yrs a long time ago-- but i'm nocturnal by nature, so i like the idea of everything being later-- the local news starts at 11pm, prime-time teevee starts at 8, Sunday early games start at 1 and MNF games start i guess at, what, 8:30?

I have now lived in Eastern for five years - and I gotta still go with Central. It's just better all around. In Central I never had to get to sleep before the end of MNF or a late NBA playoff game. Now, it happens every now and then for MNF and it happens frequently for NBA.

C'mon man. The worst thing about PST was having to start drinking at 7 am instead of 9....

Just sayin'

Agreed, it's doubly bad if you're going out to watch the game. My usual ritual for Sunday morning games is eggs, bacon and a spicy bloody mary and some nice couch time.

the early games start at 7 p.m cet in central Europe which is the perfect time imo for us over here. The second game starts at around 10 p.m cet and ends at around 1 a.m. est which is still o.k as we're only a bit tired at work the next day, but the late games won't end before shortly before we would have to get up anyway, so these are the nights when we get no sleep at all. When we lose, talk about going to work extremely tired and grumpy, too. Taking a nap before the late games won't work as I'm anticipating the game all day so I'm too excited to get some sleep.

I go to Vegas a lot and still can not get used to Pacific time. Ball games start at 4 or 4:40 pm during the week. If you work til 5 pm out there, you miss the beginning of games. NFL and NCAA pregame shows begin as early as 6 am. NCAA games begin at 9 am on Saturday. There really is no such thing as a late game live on PST.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom