Any hotel suggestions - downtown NOLA (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Any nice botique style hotels within walking distance to FQ, Harrahs, etc? Looking at next Saturday night - Sunday.

Personally, i like to stay in the Warehouse District because it’s a short (15 min) walk to the Quarter, but you’re a little removed from the madness.. Plus you’d be right next to Harrahs.. i collect Marriott points so i’m partial to the Marriott properties in that area, such as the Renaissance or Le Meridian; i realize they arent boutique style but are both in good locations.. Honestly, the Courtyard on Julia is nice IMO and a little closer to boutique style, even though it’s part of a chain.

Le Pavillion on Poydras is nice.

Old No 77 is also nice and closer to what you are looking for i think. ( walking distance etc )

For such a tourist oriented town new Orleans doesn't have a single hotel that I really like. Hopefully the four seasons will finally change that. The W, Ritz Carlton, and JW marriot are all FAR below brand standard here.

Id check out the Eliza Jane OP, small place located near where you want to be. Its definitely one of my preferred places in the city now. (It's affiliated with Hyatt if you are loyal to a certain program)

When you say boutique, I always wanted to stay at the W New Orleans on Chartres Street. Never have so I can't vouch, but that's where my mind went.

I like the Drury Inn on Poydras and it's kind of boutique-y.

For such a tourist oriented town new Orleans doesn't have a single hotel that I really like. Hopefully the four seasons will finally change that. The W, Ritz Carlton, and JW marriot are all FAR below brand standard here.

Id check out the Eliza Jane OP, small place located near where you want to be. Its definitely one of my preferred places in the city now. (It's affiliated with Hyatt if you are loyal to a certain program)

Do you not like the Windsor Court?

We have stayed in several and we liked the Roosevelt the best. Classy modern room, the Sazerac bar in the lobby, and short walk to the Super Dome. The breakfast is not good but there's plenty of nearby places for that.

Why am I remembering the Peacock Inn? I don't think it was downtown or that I stayed there, I just remember it for some reason.

Do you not like the Windsor Court?
Can't stand it, small outdated rooms and I simply don't like the whole style of the place. The luxury hotels in town here are all very "antiquey" and have that certain decor that I understand fits in with the city of new orleans, it's just not to my tastes. I prefer much more modern and minimal hotels. Also the level of service in New Orleans is starting to fall behind on the high end. Theres just nowhere in town that makes me want to check into the hotel and have a staycation for the weekend. The four seasons will probably be amazing (and super duper expensive) but at least I will have an "aspirational" hotel in new orleans.

The Jung is closer to the interstate than the river, but it is a very nice, boutique style place (it also has a residence area). Restaurant leaves a lot to be desired though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom