Any word on Beerman??

Kenny Wilkerson intimated on Tuesdays show that he knew the status of Lewis and what the staffs plans were for him....but that he was not gonna say on the air. I'm curious if Devery henderson will be activated this week.

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I heard from people who watched the Coaching show that Payton was talking like Lewis will play. Let's hope so. M. Lewis if anywhere close to the Beerman we know and love can make a big difference in this field position game we are about to have with Baltimore.

WGHart

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
Payton seems not to be happy with the return game, so I believe he will at least give Beerman a try. If he stays or goes after that will depend on his performance. Hopefully he won't be so excited he fumbles!

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Ratings
Wilkerson's comments bothered me as well but from Wednesday's press conference @ www.neworleanssaints.com:

Q: How is Michael Lewis looking at practice?

A: "He's looking fine. He's moving fine. I think he's 100 percent and he's getting around well."

I'm not counting any eggs but that sounds fantastic!!!

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Devery is in the doghouse (IMHO).

Lewis (based on Payton's comments, and Wilkerson's evasive replies) will suit-up and play.

Bank it!
I don't think Devery is in the doghouse... he was inactive for the Philly game because they added an extra DB to counter Philly's passsing game. I'm sure that he's 100% by now with that shoulder, and we'll need more fire power on offense against B-More, so look for Dev this week to be back in the slot.

As far as Beerman.. I sure hope he comes back soon... if not this week. Our longest KR has been 31 yards. That is THE one hole in our ST. If we can get Beerman back, and he gets us started at our 40-45 yard line... that will make our offense that much more effective.

Beerman in... Lance Moore out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.