Apple TV (1 Viewer)

I am a fan of their shows. The Banker was good. The Greyhound was very good. Ted Lasso is pretty solid. Good stuff.

see this is useful. I'm off to search a list of their exclusive shows since I have it through the end of the year. I wanted to watch Greyhound and didn't even know that was Apple only.

Nvidia Shield is an awesome device. But if its just being used for streaming , then honestly, its a waste of money.
Tivo has a device now too. It also has an all in one streaming service app.

well I was curious about the gaming and the ability to connect it to a home server since I have a ton of stuff on hard drives including games. I have a WDTV player as well but it gets to be a pain putting things on USB. And I don't Kodi anymore but when I did I came across them as having about as good a streaming hardware as you can find (although that info is at least a couple years old)

@TheRealJRad
As for the ones builit in to TV's I am not impressed but the two I have are a couple of years old already. The Samsung , from the time you turn it on, it takes a couple of minutes before you can access smart function. So it has a firestick plugged in to it even though it is smart. I use it mostly for streaming so smart is no good for me if it needs two cups of coffee before its brain works.

I got a year of Apple TV for free with my last MacBook Pro purchase. I haven’t watched it even once. I’ve browsed the available content but nothing really catches my attention.

Now the Foundation series for next year, that has my attention. I may give them a roll when that comes out.

More of an android man. Bought the nvidia shield pro. Love it. About to cut cable. Downloaded watched. Com and have all channels for free

I have never been tempted by Apple before. This might get some of my money tho.

Today, Apple TV+ released the latest trailer for its eagerly awaited World War II drama, Masters of the Air. Produced by Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Gary Goetzman, the same team behind Band of Brothers and The Pacific, the star-studded cast for the series includes the likes of Callum Turner, Anthony Boyle, Nate Mann, Rafferty Law, Josiah Cross, Branden Cook, Ncuti Gatwa and Academy Award-nominees Austin Butler and Barry Keoghan.

I have never been tempted by Apple before. This might get some of my money tho.

Apple TV+ has high quality stuff... problem is, they have the least amount compared to the other streaming services. They also doubled the cost in 2 years, while not significantly increasing their amount of content.
Very frequently you can find promos for 3-6 months free

for example: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...ning-subscribers-only/6484512.p?skuId=6484512

or https://www.target.com/circle/partners?flyout=1015

I have a fire cube in the living room and Apple TV in the bedroom. I have to say that I’ve grown to love the Apple TV (device) more. Some is because I have Apple Music and fitness so that is super convenient. But the ease of casting stuff to it is awesome. Probably the number one feature for me is that whenever I enter the search box, a notification pops up on my phone and I’m one click away from having a keyboard. the phone as a remote feature works incredibly well.

shutting down at night is crazy.

“dirty girl, turn on your lamp”
“Alexa, turn off the lights”
”Siri, turn off the TV”

I have a fire cube in the living room and Apple TV in the bedroom. I have to say that I’ve grown to love the Apple TV (device) more
It sends back far, far less information as well. Once I setup some full network filtering and saw how much the non Apple devices were communicating out, I got rid of them all and turned off the wireless on the TVs. It’s insane.

Interesting. At first I assumed it was a continuation of or re-boot of he SciFi show Dark Matter, but it appears to be a whole different show. I enjoyed the original Dark Matter, but it wasn't amazing and hopefully this will be better.
Is this show worth watching? Looks intriguing enough. I finally installed Apple+ on my TVs and was looking for some new Sci-Fi to take in...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom