AR10 Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m finally going to bite the bullet and buy an AR. Upon my brother’s suggetion, I’m looking at an AR10 (though i’m open to suggestion here). My brother also suggested a Panther DPS AR10. My past experience here is with the M16A2, A3 and of course multiple handguns.

My budget is maxed at $1500. So I’m looking for other AR10 suggestions. I’m looking at a weapon with excellent stopping power. I have no issues with a strong kick as long as I can maintain control of the weapon at 500yds. I don’t need a ton of accessories, I can always add those later. I’ve always been good with fixed sights on the M16.

So my friends, what are your AR recommendations? Or what are your alternative recommendations I should be considering?

Unimportant side note. Apparently, in Colorado, I can only buy magazines that hold 7 rounds. Which is as stupid as it sounds because it’s legal to buy a modification kit to increase round capacity or I can just buy a magazine in another state.

A Panther DPS is under $1000 retail. My brother is recommending that but I wanted to see what other recommendations out there. I really need to get up to Liberty Firearms in Loveland, CO and fire a few different models.

Belated, buy the Colt M-4 if you want a 5.56 that holds heavier loads than the usual 55/63 grain rounds.

If you are looking for a larger caliber with longer range on a budget, maybe a S&W M&P10 in .308 winchester. I had one several years ago, but sold it out of necessity. Loved it, however. Last I looked they ran around $1100 at Cabellas.

If you really want a stopper, my son Asa Has a Bushmaster XM 15 .450 Bushmaster Carbine. That thing has rediculous stopping power. Kicks like a 12 Gauge. LOL! They run around $1100 also.

What is your goal for the AR10? Deer hunting? Home defense (btw-you will be deaf)? Match shooting? Plinking?

I am more of an M1A guy, but Ruger has a nice platform and the Springfield Saint is a really good piece for the money.

What is your goal for the AR10? Deer hunting? Home defense (btw-you will be deaf)? Match shooting? Plinking?

I am more of an M1A guy, but Ruger has a nice platform and the Springfield Saint is a really good piece for the money.
I have a Saint Edge (5.56) and it is really fun to shoot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom