Are you worried about the AK contract situation? (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
When this first became a thing at the end of minicamp, I didn't give it much thought, but I'm talking myself into being more worried.

He'll be 29 when the new season starts, and that's historically when RB's start to lose some of their fastball. The way the Saints manage their cap, they have the number written in ink that they're willing to pay every player and it's planned out years into the future. Some teams never pay 2nd contracts to running backs, they just draft one every three years.

I hope this gets resolved before training camp starts and I'm worried about nothing.

Thoughts?

No because he is still under contract. To be perfectly honest at 29 for a running back, we need to start looking for the next great running back.
resign, trade, or cut. I think a reasonable 2 year extension is probable
7-10 million per year with half guaranteed. He is past his prime, lost the burst, runs away from contact---still a very good player but at the right price for his production and age. Look at the burst Miller had last year toward the end of the year when healthy. Young legs

Somewhat

I'm hearing that Kendre Miller is behind on the depth chart. But there's still an entire training camp to get things right.

Somewhat

I'm hearing that Kendre Miller is behind on the depth chart. But there's still an entire training camp to get things right.
I hear that too but what we saw last season was a good RB, if he stays healthy, he’ll be our guy.

As far as Kamara, he’s making almost $12mm this season and I’m not going any further. As others have said, he can still play but he’s not a game changer anymore. He’s overpaid at $12mm but I’ll give it to him this season. Next season, different story.

Somewhat

I hope Kendre takes the spot, but what if Jamaal Williams stays in the coach’s good graces and starts the season ahead of Kendre? I ask because everyone seems so down on Jamaal, but the new coaching staff might like him and use him more effectively.

Yes I’m worried, I’m worried they might extend him a give him more money. I want to see how this season plays out first for him.
What if he puts up McCaffrey numbers? Do you still give him that type of money going into his 30s?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom