At the Copa, Copa America ('24) (1 Viewer)

soooo lets talk about Game 2 here Thursday.

Its a must that we come out with a point or 3 from this game. Do not need to be heading into Uruguay match needing 3 pt.

Panama has given us fits over the last 3-5 years. Not exactly sure why, maybe their physical style of play, but we need to go all out in this match, get the 3 pts and we can rest some guys for Uruguay.

Im wondering if Berhlater goes with Wright up top due to size match up with Panamanian back line?

It was a win, but against stiffer competition the US is going to have to convert more of those chances.....While Gio played a more reserved role offensively his passing was outstanding.....need to get him more on the attack ......

soooo lets talk about Game 2 here Thursday.

Its a must that we come out with a point or 3 from this game. Do not need to be heading into Uruguay match needing 3 pt.

Panama has given us fits over the last 3-5 years. Not exactly sure why, maybe their physical style of play, but we need to go all out in this match, get the 3 pts and we can rest some guys for Uruguay.

Im wondering if Berhlater goes with Wright up top due to size match up with Panamanian back line?
man i hope not - we're just starting to see our front line anticipate each other - Balo and CP (and Weah and Gio) are starting to work well together. please greggg don't over think it

also the team needs to watch the first 20-30 minutes of the 2nd half of Ugu/Pan - that's the Panama team they should prepare for (the team that should have equalized)
we need to run for 90 and keeping playing in the middle - Reams/Richards do not need to figure prominently in our attack

man i hope not - we're just starting to see our front line anticipate each other - Balo and CP (and Weah and Gio) are starting to work well together. please greggg don't over think it

also the team needs to watch the first 20-30 minutes of the 2nd half of Ugu/Pan - that's the Panama team they should prepare for (the team that should have equalized)
we need to run for 90 and keeping playing in the middle - Reams/Richards do not need to figure prominently in our attack

I agree in that we need to stay home/locked in defensively.

This isnt going to be an easy match and i think this is the match that decides if we move on - we dont need it to come down to getting a result from Uruguay ( Panama will face Bolivia, who will all but be eliminated by that point- not that they cant pull an upset, but its HIGHLY unlikely )

Interesting i Just read on reddit:

ATT STadium field, which looked pretty good and withstood play, is layers of:

concrete,
drain tile
10" of sand
sod trucked in from Colorado in refer trucks

Hopefully MB Stadium in Atlanta taking notes...

Interesting i Just read on reddit:

ATT STadium field, which looked pretty good and withstood play, is layers of:

concrete,
drain tile
10" of sand
sod trucked in from Colorado in refer trucks

Hopefully MB Stadium in Atlanta taking notes...
Georgia ain’t gonna allow no refer trucks in

Colombia beat Paraguay 2-1, but unfortunately I couldn't watch it since I cut the cord a few yrs ago. I may go buy an antenna...

Colombia beat Paraguay 2-1, but unfortunately I couldn't watch it since I cut the cord a few yrs ago. I may go buy an antenna...
Antenna wouldn’t have helped
Fox decided to show ‘name that tune’ and the ‘1% club’ instead of the Copa (which is on FS1)

Not sure if I’ve said it today but Fox does not ever need to host a major soccer competition ever
They need to admit how much they such and just gift the upcoming women’s Euros over to nbc

Last edited:
Antenna wouldn’t have helped
Fox decided to show ‘name that tune’ and the ‘1% club’ instead of the Copa (which is on FS1)

Not sure if I’ve said it today but Fox does not ever need to host a major soccer competition ever
They need to admit how much they such and just gift the upcoming women’s Euros over to nbc
Fox sucks at sports coverage in general. They had Nascar the first half of the season and first graders could have done a better job. Since switching over to NBC a couple of weeks ago, the coverage is miles better, even if not perfect.

Amazing job by Costa Rica ....utterly amazing. GK had some massive saves, and just defended like mad men.

And drew Brazil 0-0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom