Authentic Saints and Sean Payton playbooks (2 Viewers)

All I can say is good luck to any offensive player in a Sean Payton offense.

So you've seen many NFL Playbooks? :idunno:

Actually I've seen about 8-10 of them from sites just like the one in the original link.

Also every playbook I have ever owned in high school or college started off with basic stuff like getting into and out of the huddle, who is allowed to talk to the ref, who is allowed to call timeouts, what area each position group needs to sit on the sideline, etc. This is all nothing uncommon that Payton should be championed for.

TOOK LANCE 3 YEARS, game reps are worthless if u dont have consistency doing it. Its harder to build confidence. If anything meach should be one of our better blockers since thats where a lot of his reps came in

Lance did have an advantage in that he was on the practice squad, but he used his time there to learn the playbook. He played well in '07, one year after he had spent a season in the current Saints sytem under Payton, but on the practice squad.

And that's my point. Meach is getting paid millions. It's reasonable to expect him to use his time to learn the playbook. I can agree that confidence comes through execution, but knowing where you are supposed to be on each play should be a given at this level.

That's pretty common in most playbooks actually.

I was judging it against the Saints playbook. I can see it in high school and college but I would think some coaches might assume those things are common knowledge although it seems like many players generally need to be spoon fed, even at the professional level.

Just look at the amount of mental errors on the offensive line from the Haslett era to when Payton took over. A major difference is evident in the first few pages of the two playbooks.

Attention to detail.

The Armchair GM says:

Could you upload Gary Gibbs defensive playbook? Ain't it the same playbook from Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo

most playbooks, the first few pages talks about huddle and who stands where and such...the lineup and how to get into it and break out of it.

mccarthy's playbooks as he added more and more was SOOO heavy on verbage, it was like reading a tolkein novel, you cant even read the book without knowing a whole made up back story and languages.

i had one system in HS that was a run and shoot...the receivers patterns were contingent on the defense so each player had 2-4 options on EACH route and i had to know what each option was...we used passing lanes for reading the defense...sort of backwards and almost screwed me up for more contemporary play calling...LOL.

Ahh...I'm reading the Giants playbook and my head is about to explode.

O_O

gotta love the 2 main, base formations for the saints in 2004...standard formation and the freakin' 2 TE SET...grrrr...hated that formation and scheme and it didnt work!!

mccarthy sure did make that so wordy and so much verbage...

the giants playbook is a very standard and concise playbook and good representation of formations and the wrinkles off of each. not so much that there are 500 plays but variations off the base formations.

good, solid playbook.

would love to see what the current playbook looks like. im sure there are some interesting hot routes and reads involving the backs and working around our players.

From that "inside look" viddy, fake or not, (I'm thinking it was the real deal since they had the good sense to actually show two plays which were being discussed during the game) I have much respect for all these guys and to think, each team has different, sometimes total and completely different) schemes and termanology, it's an amazing sport! This segment shows how close Carmichael, Coach and Drew are and why Pete's doing such a good job now that he's calling the plays. In fact, there may be a bit of an advantage to this since Coach may have tendancies in his calling which differ from Pete's and then interpreted by DREW for his judgement once he sees the Defensive line-up! The whole deal is awesome and just a viddy link to that segment would be great if anyone has that capability.

Some of the gloomy comments about Meach and Lance in this thread from right before the Superbowl season are hilarious.

Unfortunately its even worse now. 15 minutes after we obliterated the Giants we get 10 threads wanting to replace our entire defense midseason and start fresh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom