Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Though there was recent discussion about the re-release of Avatar, I don't see a thread on the new Avatar. So here it is. The reviews seem fairly positive at this point - especially as to the visual experience.

I recently watched Avatar with my girls and they liked it - it was just barely age appropriate but it was fine. Now they want to see the new one but the run time is 2 hours 41 minutes. I think we're going to have to wait until streaming . . . which I think is typically 45 days.

We saw it last night. I thought the theater would be packed, but they were maybe 20 people there.
I enjoyed it.
I would have enjoyed it more if they would have shaved an hour off it.
Good storyline and as you would expect, the video quality was excellent.

I saw Dances With CGI Wolves back when it was released, and apart for the CGI, I didn't really get the hype. I don't have any desire to watch the new one.

I went with family to watch it in 3D IMAX tonight, I really liked it. The CGI was spectacular and while I get why it lasted so long so that things were totally clear, I also think that a good chunk of time could have been shaved off without the viewer missing the point of the film...

I went with family to watch it in 3D IMAX tonight, I really liked it. The CGI was spectacular and while I get why it lasted so long so that things were totally clear, I also think that a good chunk of time could have been shaved off without the viewer missing the point of the film...
Was telling my oldest last night it felt 20-30 minutes longer than necessary. I mean, it's fine, it just drug on a little.

I saw Dances With CGI Wolves back when it was released, and apart for the CGI, I didn't really get the hype. I don't have any desire to watch the new one.
Every story/movie is just a rinse-repeat of the same set of themes.
Just enjoy it for the spectacle. That’s fun to do at the big screen.

I liked the first movie, Dances With Smurfs. I didn’t love it - incredibly weak and derivative story but it was entertaining. A true popcorn movie. The same thing is being said about this one - it’s visually stunning and benefitted from 13 years of CGI development but still has a weak storyline. I’ll wait until it comes out on Blu Ray and watch it home.

I thought it was OK. The CGI was awesome and I thought the story wasn’t that bad.

I just saw this last night and I thought it was overrated. First one was better. I thought the movie was about an hour too long, and I'm someone that has zero issues with a 3-4 hour movie. I also thought the CGI was highly overrated. I heard it was supposed to be very good, and yet all I could notice was how noticeable it was. The most interesting part about the movie was Sigourney's child character. I really don't have much interest in watching it again, and feeling like it's an hour too long doesn't help with the rewatchability. The best part of the first one was the wonder of Pandora, I just didn't get that same wonder despite them playing the "wonder" music while people just swim around. I'm also someone that likes most things, so me not liking this is kind of a big deal for me.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom