Back to Reality (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm done venting and I'm now back to looking at things in perspective. We have a great chance of clinching a wild card berth. We basically just have to win at least one more game. Green Bay isn't looking too great without Rodgers, especially since they have to play against the Giants next week. Tampa Bay plays Seattle next week but if they so happen to win and we lose to the Falcons we are still in control if we beat them in Week 17. Lets all look forward to a good game against the Falcons so we can possibly rest our starters against the Bucs. Here's to a long week of anticipation. :9:

I'm done venting and I'm now back to looking at things in perspective. We have a great chance of clinching a wild card berth. We basically just have to win at least one more game. Green Bay isn't looking too great without Rodgers, especially since they have to play against the Giants next week. Tampa Bay plays Seattle next week but if they so happen to win and we lose to the Falcons we are still in control if we beat them in Week 17. Lets all look forward to a good game against the Falcons so we can possibly rest our starters against the Bucs. Here's to a long week of anticipation. :9:
Certain guys could use some rest.

But I think the offense actually needs the work, if you are serious about the goal being another Super Bowl ring.

Thomas is just off injury and Reggie has yet to look like he is sorted after being out 9 weeks. The offense has not clicked the same way as last season, even though it has improved lately. Looking at last season as the benchmark of what this group is capable of, ee need more work on the timing and execution to survive potentially three road games and get back to the Super Bowl.

I know Ivory is out, but we didn't have him last year. Hamilton and Bell, were key at times, but mainly to pound in the 2nd half to protect a lead.

We now have the same personnel on offense as last year. The only difference is in execution and play selection. So, need to do whatever we can to get Pierre, Reggie and Drew in synch again.

Ivory would be the bonus that could make a big difference.

Reality is we needed Ivory today, a new OLB and for Greer to not go down. But we really needed Ivory!

"The Saints, 10-4 almost completely abandoned the running game -- getting 24 yards -- and Drew Brees had 267 yards passing.

Reality is we needed Ivory today, a new OLB and for Greer to not go down. But we really needed Ivory!
We needed to stop Rice, firstly. And Shanle has issues in coverage. He's on the downsdslide of his career after this season.

But, the offensive personnel today was basically the same as last year's Super Bowl team. We ran with these guys last year. They can run, if the holes are there.

The game plan was to throw. We didn't try real hard to run.

Just think about it: Even if we had won today and beat the Falcons next week, the Falcons are still likely to win Homefield throughout b/c they would beat the Panthers. So we still have a chance at the wild-card spot with one more win. Packers are facing an uphill climb against the Pats and the Giants, both possibly without Rodgers. If we lose to Atl and TB wins we still control our own destiny. But the Seahawks could still beat the Bucs next week and we're in.

We needed hard pounding Ivory.

From NOLA; "The Saints, 10-4 almost completely abandoned the running game -- getting 24 yards -- and Drew Brees had 267 yards passing."

We needed hard pounding Ivory.

From NOLA; "The Saints, 10-4 almost completely abandoned the running game -- getting 24 yards -- and Drew Brees had 267 yards passing."

actually the run game was stuffed and the spread o was working. dont understand why we didn't spread it out more often

actually the run game was stuffed and the spread o was working. dont understand why we didn't spread it out more often
It was working better than the run, but not working that well as you think.

We got 14 points off of circus catches. Moore's catch was great, but a fluke. Graham made a great effort to get 7 points.

Other than that it was not real smooth consistently.

There were three turnovers today, which is the risk with throwing so much -- you get more turnovers.

Luckily we recovered two, but had we not, this would have been a more solid whipping from Baltimore.

But, per the other threads. You have to want to run, and we didn't today. It wasn't the design of the game plan.

Runs seemed in as an afterthought.

If the SAINTS are going to get taken to the woodshed, I'm glad it happened before the single elimination tournament. I'm hopeful that the coaching staff will be able to do a post mortem to see how the Ravens were able to get them off their game.

In reality, this game was a meaningless game. If we had won, we would still be the #5 seed, and now that we lost, we didn't lose anything....our main competition lost also...

The only problem I see is the play of our defense....it started go go downhill against the Cowboys, then again against the Bungles....rebounded somewhat against the Rams, and tanked out against the Ravens......

We must play better on D, if we want to go back to the Big Dance....its just as simple...

In reality, this game was a meaningless game. If we had won, we would still be the #5 seed, and now that we lost, we didn't lose anything....our main competition lost also...

The only problem I see is the play of our defense....it started go go downhill against the Cowboys, then again against the Bungles....rebounded somewhat against the Rams, and tanked out against the Ravens......

We must play better on D, if we want to go back to the Big Dance....its just as simple...

The defense was bad vs Seattle.

It was not entirely a meaningless game. At this point, we can't take wins for granted or the fact that we will even make the playoffs. After dropping this game, if we lose out, and the Bucs win out, which is not likely, but definitely possible, we don't make the playoffs. Going into this game, we should not have been worrying about playoff positioning, but rather securing a playoff spot.

This game was good for the guys in that they got a good taste of cold weather outside play. Yes, they came up short, but fought to the end and now can plan for some of the cold weather playoff games coming up. At least I hope so!

It was not entirely a meaningless game. At this point, we can't take wins for granted or the fact that we will even make the playoffs. After dropping this game, if we lose out, and the Bucs win out, which is not likely, but definitely possible, we don't make the playoffs. Going into this game, we should not have been worrying about playoff positioning, but rather securing a playoff spot.

I agree that we didn't gain anything.....but we didn't lose anything either....we're still 1 game ahead of the Giants, who are ,our main competition, and we're still ahead by 2 games against the Bucs, who lost also..... in this sense it was a totally meaningless game....nothing changed.

Now next week might be different.....but that is another story....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom