Baltimore Restaurant Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm going to be up in Baltimore the week before Easter...staying in the Inner Harbor. Anybody got any suggestions as to a mid-priced non-touristy, non-chain restaurant?

It looks like Little Italy is walking distance from where I'll be staying...is this pretty touristy? I would like to find something somewhere close (doesn't necessarily have to be walking distance), but from when I've been up in Baltimore in the past, seems like that was pretty common in the Inner Harbor area.

Is there any sort of Baltimore entertainment magazine similar to Gambit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Was there several years ago to watch an Orioles series. We stayed at the Inner Harbor and there was a small mall on the Harbor that had a Phillips (?) restaurant. It was a buffet and the crab cakes were incredible. I grew up eating seafood in the New Orleans area and usually I can't find any good seafood outside of Lousiana, but I made a pig out of myself this time. Got my moneys worth. Oh, and Boog's BBQ at Camden Yards at the ballpark was awfully good too for concession type food.
Hope that helps.

I'm going to be up in Baltimore the week before Easter...staying in the Inner Harbor. Anybody got any suggestions as to a mid-priced non-touristy, non-chain restaurant?

It looks like Little Italy is walking distance from where I'll be staying...is this pretty touristy? I would like to find something somewhere close (doesn't necessarily have to be walking distance), but from when I've been up in Baltimore in the past, seems like that was pretty common in the Inner Harbor area.

Is there any sort of Baltimore entertainment magazine similar to Gambit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

hmmmm I would like to pretend that living here I would have figured this out, but my fav places are probably beyond a mile from where you are. But if you have a rental car, Nacho Mamas (not affiliated c the New Orleans one) in Canton is cool and Matthews Pizza...those are my home restaurants. Just as a warning, Baltimore is totally ghetto...be careful even walking to Little Italy (it is close but a ghetto walk). FYI the Inner Harbor is total tourist/chain...

Last edited:
Yeah Phillips is really good, in the mall. I haven't ate at that one, but I have ate at a diffrent one on the coast of Maryland. I've heard a lot of great things about Canton Dockside on Boston Street.

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/baltimore/restaurants/canton-dockside/v-306596

Also the Inner Harbor is really the only place you wanna be in the city. B-more really isn't that nice of a town anywhere else.

Also the Inner Harbor is really the only place you wanna be in the city. B-more really isn't that nice of a town anywhere else.

i disagree. Fell's point is a very nice area and so is Little Italy. There is more to Baltimore than the Inner Harbor.

Don't know where to go in particular, but consider taking water taxi to Fells Point (sp?). I have enjoyed trips to Baltimore and meals there ,but can't say any place I went really stood out.

A couple of Saturdays Ive driven up from DC and taken the water taxi from the Inner harbor to Fell's Point (I think that what its called). Its about 7 buck for an all day ticket and takes about 30 min to get there. Lots of fun on a nice day and looked to be some pretty decent non chain restaurants around there and a pretty cool bar that looks over the water. I cant really recommend any restaurants there but its a cool place to go get a couple few adult beverages.

Last edited:
i disagree. Fell's point is a very nice area and so is Little Italy. There is more to Baltimore than the Inner Harbor.

You're right Fells Point is a pretty nice area as well. I personally have never been to Little Italy. There is a little more than the Harbor but not much compared to most major cities.

Crabcakes at Phillips!!! Nawlins crabcakes dont even come close to a real MD crabcake. BDM

I'm here to disagree. I really don't order crabcakes out much because I know they can never match up to real crabcakes and I made the mistake of doing so at Phillips. To me its the Mothers of B-more, everyone says to go but its totally over-rated. Too much filler, especially for the price they beat me for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom