Bear Fan says dont sleep on Bear offense. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey Hey Saints fans, I found this site last night but had to wait till today is post. It looks like you guys are some of the NFL fans that prove that fans can be emotional and intelligent at the same time. My folks have season tickets, but being that I live blocks away from Soldier Field and constantly remind them how much I love the Bears, I get to go to many games. I am holding out for Sunday; I failed at Ticketmaster.com this morning and now I'm listening to Sports Radio all day to try and get tickets.

I see so many similararities between our respective sweet-hearts that its crazy. Both have been blown out of one game (well, 2 if you count NYE for the Bears, but I was too drunk and have already forgotten), but even in that game the points were scored in the fourth; it was close throughout 3 quaters.

The Bears have the no. 1 scoring offense (26.7), the Saints have the second (26.6)

The Bears have allowed the least points in the NFC (15.9), Saints are third (20.1)

Many in my city have put forth that you dont know what you're going to get with Rex. I think we can rely on him in big games, he's proven he's a big game threat throughout the year. Bernard Berrian will get behind the secondary at least once for a long pass and Rex will make some other big plays I'm sure. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson will rush for well over 100 yards combined and probably have at least one touchdown. I think that the Saints will blitz a good amount and will disrupt a lot of passes. Rex will stay aggressive, however, and be able to hit the underneath passes to Benson, Jones, or other short passes to the TE or the slot.

On the other side of the ball, Brees will be able to find holes in our secondary, but the Bears will eliminate the big play. Deuce and Reggie will probably have another big day rushing, but you wont get as much as you did against philly. I see Brees hitting the slant and seem and deuce and reggie running for a combined 2 touchdowns. Our pressure will be good, but not equal to the Saints pressure using the blitz. Our strength will really lie in the secondary which will not allow plays to get behind them. That being said, screen passes and Colston in the slot should get the Saints in Red Zone, where Deuce and Reggie will be able to punch it in.

On special teams, I think the Bears have the edge; the Bears return yardarge will be near double what the Saints will be. Both teams have excellent FG kickers and if either team gets close enough for a 49 yarder, I think it will be good.

The Weather will have some effect on the game, but its hard to say what it might be. It may very well come on special teams. I think that the advantage to "bear weather" is minimal, but I am not underselling the home field crowd. The Bears will have the sure advantage on 3rd downs which will probably help them in the Red Zone.

What prompted me to post this is that it seems on the Chicago end that people are worried about the defense and are holding that the Bears cannot afford to get into a shootout witht he Saints. The reasoning is that "if the Bears cant get pressure with the front four, Brees will tear us apart." But, we had two "coverage sacks" last week against some very good Seattle personel. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I think both teams will score over 20 and I think the spread (2) is about accurate. Likewise, no one is talking about the NO defense, but their pressure on Garcia last week was much improved and the Saints will be able to disrupt the Bears offense to some degree.

Bears 27, Saints 26

Good Luck guys.

I have one more question, it seems you guys are mostly die hard intelligent fans and not prone to making bold, unfounded claims based on insecurity. These are common in Chicago; I have 3 or 4 insecure friends (bearfans) that owe me drinks after the Bears win last week. Is there insecurity in NO? Is anyone scared of what the Bears might do on Offense?

Last edited:
You don't have the number 1 scoring offense in the league. Your including ST's and defensive scores in that total.

As for your Defensive stat...yeah early on you shut a bunch of people out, but you and I both know your D isn't what it was and your not holding people to 15 points anymore and haven't for a long time.

As for ST's yardarge...you do realize we have a former probowler who scored 5 ST's TD's in one year (1 less then hester). He was hurt last year. Hes back and doing an excellent job again.

Finally....when talking about Rex you seem to think he had a good game last week. I'd beg to differ. He seemed pretty aweful to me last week, save that one long pass in OT. His TD/INT ratio, Comp. %, and Passer rating were all terrible. He has no pocket presense and doesn't do well under pressure. Well thats exactly what hes gonna get this weak. As for hitting the underneath stuff...Rex has always been terrible at checking down...well midrange and short stuff is what we cover the best. Don't even think of throwing to the right side where Mike Mckenzie is. He may be able to burn Fred Thomas once or twice but it won't be enough.

BTW...my opinion on the weather is it won't be a factor. If its bad and we are forced to run alot that may actually favor us considering the bears are soft up the middle and Deuce is a freakin hoss.

I don't like the Bernard Berrian/Fred Thomas matchup at all. Saints DE's will have to bring it to Grossman all day. Other than that, it just seems like it's going to be an entertaining, hard-faught game. I really don't think the weather is going to play that much of a factor in the outcome, without precipitation. I think most people think that our team is tailor made for dome conditions, but we have a better record away than at home this year. Here's to a modern classic game.

I think you bring a up a good point about the underneath stuff. That could be deadly if Rex cant make those passes.

Rex played well on Sunday, the pic was on Mushin Muhammad and Rex had several other drops.

Your former probowler is not as good as Devin Hester.

Yes, we need to stay away from MM, that former packer s.o.b.

Rex played well on Sunday, the pic was on Mushin Muhammad and Rex had several other drops.

Rex played terrible and it's a testament to how bad he's been all season that many Bear fans feel he had a good game. We used to say many of the same things about Aaron Brooks.

I think you bring a up a good point about the underneath stuff. That could be deadly if Rex cant make those passes.

Your former probowler is not as good as Devin Hester.

Yes, we need to stay away from MM, that former packer s.o.b.

Micheal Lewis averaged 24.7 yards this year. Hester averged 26.

Punt returning Hester averaged 12 yards...Lewis 9 (I think..have to look it up). Hester's averages were severaly skewed by his TD runs...which are always a threat I might add...big props to him. But still, we are talking about 6 TD's all year. A lot by ST's stats but still not something you can count on to win a game (didn't he have 2 against the cardinals?) week in and week out.

I'd say the actual average returning ability is about the same. If we let him slip by us though it can make a huge difference.

No doubt Hester is good but to say you'll double our return yardage is just silly.

Rex played terrible and it's a testament to how bad he's been all season that many Bear fans feel he had a good game. We used to say many of the same things about Aaron Brooks.

21/38 for 282, 1 td, 1 pic is not terrible. In fact, thats more yards than Brees. Plz reconsider. That being said, you may be on to somthing; Good QBs are a endangered species in Chicago

Micheal Lewis averaged 24.7 yards this year. Hester averged 26.

Punt returning Hester averaged 12 yards...Lewis 9 (I think..have to look it up). Hester's averages were severaly skewed by his TD runs...which are always a threat I might add...big props to him.

No doubt Hester is good but to say you'll double our return yardage is just silly.

Hester looks worn down lately anyways. He's taken some pops and has had to play some defense. He's still a threat but not like he was mid-season.

21/38 for 282, 1 td, 1 pic is not terrible. In fact, thats more yards than Brees. Plz reconsider. That being said, you may be on to somthing; Good QBs are a endangered species in Chicago

The stats are medicore (55% completion and a 1/1 TD/INT ratio is pretty weak). His play was actual worse. Not sure if you are aware or not, but he was playing a Seahawks defense that was terrible to begin with and had 3 of its top 4 CB's out. I mean come on. Plus you didn't factor in him taking sacks and fumbling the ball. The guy has zero pocket awareness.

Basically....a QB rating of 76...55% completion %...and a 1/1 TD/Int ratio isn't good and infact is pretty terrible. Not to mention 2 turnovers.

But Spam isn't speaking just statiscally. Hes a student of the game and is speaking of things like pocket presense, staring down the field to much, accuracy, etc.

BTW...yeah he threw for more yards...because he went to OT and got the chance to. Brees threw for 240 something yards while having over 200 yards rushing behind him. Thats pretty dang good. He also completed 70% of his passing while not turning the ball over.

I don't like the Bernard Berrian/Fred Thomas matchup at all. Saints DE's will have to bring it to Grossman all day. Other than that, it just seems like it's going to be an entertaining, hard-faught game. I really don't think the weather is going to play that much of a factor in the outcome, without precipitation. I think most people think that our team is tailor made for dome conditions, but we have a better record away than at home this year. Here's to a modern classic game.

The Berrian-Thomas matchup is going to be ugly. We may as well spot the bears seven points now on that one.

you've convinced me.

so the consensus is, Saints not scared of Bears offense?

Why would we be. If were scared of the Bears offense we may as well be scared of everyone.

Now there defense does scare me, alot. I'm just hoping you guys continue to be soft up the middle.

On special teams, I think the Bears have the edge; the Bears return yardarge will be near double what the Saints will be.

I'd say the Bears will more than double the Saints return yardage. They're going to be returning a lot of kickoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom