Bengals and Wide Receivers and Draft (1 Viewer)

Sailin'Saint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
With the recent cut of WR Travis Henry for the Bengals do you still believe the Bengals will go Defense in the first round.

I am hoping this will make them go for the #1 receiver and we may be able to get the stud DT.

This has blown up a lot of mock drafts over at the Bengals forums.....a lot of fans are predicting trading down now.

It would be nice if the Saints have one less contender for Ellis.

I imagine Chad is pretty ****** off at all that happened with Henry. Seems like he had a shot at leaving but now I can't see them trading him off. With the WR out there it seems they're either going to trade around or still grab their D player.

what the Bengals and all the other teams that pick 9 though 1 need to know is that Ellis is definitely not worthy

why can't some Barney do us a favor and pull him over and arrest him on some trumped up charges that aren't disclosed to anyone except our FO as bogus crap until after the draft?

That'd keep him available at #10?

why can't some Barney do us a favor and pull him over and arrest him on some trumped up charges that aren't disclosed to anyone except our FO as bogus crap until after the draft?

That'd keep him available at #10?

who uses SR.com that works in law enforcement?

Yes. it is now a need with 85 wanting out and CHRIS Henry getting cut. I seriously doubt that CIN will pick a WR at #9. They tried taking WRs in the Top 10 before (Peter Warrick, Eddie Brown) and while both were good, neither turned out to be great. I still say they will take the "other" DT at #9 so we may have to trade in front of them if we want a Top Flight DT. as for scenarios of them trading down, HMMM, maybe....but then who is trying to jump in front of us?
Shame about Henry. The dude had game and had great size/speed combination. Now he will be unemployed and suspended a la Pac Man.
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Yes. it is now a need with 85 wanting out and CHRIS Henry getting cut. I seriously doubt that CIN will pick a WR at #9. They tried taking WRs in the Top 10 before (Peter Warrick, Eddie Brown) and while both were good, neither turned out to be great. I still say they will take the "other" DT at #9 so we may have to trade in front of them if we want a Top Flight DT. as for scenarios of them trading down, HMMM, maybe....but then who is trying to jump in front of us?
Shame about Henry. The dude had game and had great size/speed combination. Now he will be unemployed and suspended a la Pac Man.
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

I'm serious here... maybe he should get his adrenaline gland checked. There's this crazy syndrome that has the nerves around the gland contract more than normal resulting in a sudden release of adrenaline that is several times greater than what would normally be released during the fight or flight stage of excitement/anger.

Here in WV I can relate... the Hatfields (to present day) have this and literally can snap in an instant with rage that's much worse than what the situation might warrant.

just a thought... it's obvious that there's some anger management issues with Crhis that are very abnormal-- even for a hotheaded gangsta

With the recent cut of WR Travis Henry for the Bengals do you still believe the Bengals will go Defense in the first round.

I am hoping this will make them go for the #1 receiver and we may be able to get the stud DT.

Are you serious? Who would you rather draft after having just lost your #3 WR: Sedrick Ellis or Limas Sweed? Even if you trade 85, too, it doesn't make Sweed or Malcolm Kelly or anyone else better or even in the same stratosphere as Ellis and DT will still be a need. It just means that they're more likely to look at a WR in rounds 2 or 3 (which are the rounds they drafted Johnson and Henry to begin with.) None of this really matters, since both are likely to be gone by then, anyway.

Geez, why does every transaction in this league somehow always come back to Dorsey/Ellis, Dorey/Ellis, Dorsey/Ellis? Even 3 weeks after the draft, people will still be coming up with threads like "Hey, Glenn Dorsey hasn't signed yet; it's probably because he's from LSU and hates the Falclowns as much we do. Let's trade Jeff Otah and next year's 2nd rounder to the Falcons for the rights to Dorsey." Either we will get one of them on a draft day trade up or we will not get them at all. If and when Dorsey and Ellis are off the board by the #9 pick, maybe they will look to a WR, for the simple reason that all the blue-chippers are gone and the middle of the pack is pretty thick. If a stud DT was still on the board, no chance to they take a WR over him.

If and when Dorsey and Ellis are off the board by the #9 pick, maybe they will look to a WR, for the simple reason that all the blue-chippers are gone and the middle of the pack is pretty thick. If a stud DT was still on the board, no chance to they take a WR over him.

Connors?

Are you serious? Who would you rather draft after having just lost your #3 WR: Sedrick Ellis or Limas Sweed? Even if you trade 85, too, it doesn't make Sweed or Malcolm Kelly or anyone else better or even in the same stratosphere as Ellis and DT will still be a need. It just means that they're more likely to look at a WR in rounds 2 or 3 (which are the rounds they drafted Johnson and Henry to begin with.) None of this really matters, since both are likely to be gone by then, anyway.

Geez, why does every transaction in this league somehow always come back to Dorsey/Ellis, Dorey/Ellis, Dorsey/Ellis? Even 3 weeks after the draft, people will still be coming up with threads like "Hey, Glenn Dorsey hasn't signed yet; it's probably because he's from LSU and hates the Falclowns as much we do. Let's trade Jeff Otah and next year's 2nd rounder to the Falcons for the rights to Dorsey." Either we will get one of them on a draft day trade up or we will not get them at all. If and when Dorsey and Ellis are off the board by the #9 pick, maybe they will look to a WR, for the simple reason that all the blue-chippers are gone and the middle of the pack is pretty thick. If a stud DT was still on the board, no chance to they take a WR over him.

:plus-un2:

I think Dorsey and Ellis will be gone in the top 5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom