N/S Bengals message board about the Super Bowl is refreshing to read (reminds me of how WE felt) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
The talk is upbeat, emotional... and with a lot of humility. Gotta feel good for that fan base!

The last time the Bengals made the Super Bowl was the (1988) season that the 49'ers, Rams & Saints all tied with a 10-6 record. We were undefeated (4-0) vs. AFC, but only a mediocre 6-6 vs the NFC, and 3-3 within the (NFC West) division. Because of that, Old School WhoDats remember that the Saints were "odd man out" because of the tiebreaker, and the Forty-Whiners went on to win the Super Bowl! :mad:

Here's the link to the 1988 season (FINAL STANDINGS):

Anyway... it's a real treat to view the remarks that their fan base are making. WhoDey... all the way!

jonf45uk

jonf45uk
Posted 20 hours ago
I cant keep doing this!! So, so.pleased for the organisation and the loyal fans that have had to wait for so long for this. Great win, at 21-3 I thought we were dead and buried...... thankfully the players and coaches didn't!

Hope you all have a great day/night and enjoy everything that comes with this win :)
WHO DEY!!!!!

COMPLETE Bengals Forum thread

:gosaints:

Last edited:
I don't know a single person who wants the rams to win, which is funny because I have friends who are in L.A. and they said more people there want the Bengals to win than the rams.

The Bengals probably would have had a title in their first SB if their star running back didn't get high on cocaine. Stanley Wilson was a cautionary tale.

Good for them. Every fanbase should experience this at least once. The anticipation, the preparation, the excitement, the “whatchu grillin’ for OUR Super Bowl Sunday?, feeling.

Awesome.

I'd probably be pulling for the Bengals no matter who their opponent is (unless it was us, of course) just b/c they have never won a Super Bowl, but since it's the Rams, I am definitely 110% in the Bengals' camp. Geaux Bengals! Who dey!!!

Good for them. Every fanbase should experience this at least once. The anticipation, the preparation, the excitement, the “whatchu grillin’ for OUR Super Bowl Sunday?, feeling.

Awesome.
Every fanbase....except... Atlanta. They should never feel the anticipation again, all six of them can pound sand.

Every fanbase....except... Atlanta. They should never feel the anticipation again, all six of them can pound sand.
Well, I mean I don’t think six is considered a fanbase so, yeah, you’re right.
BUT….

They’ve experienced the anticipation, the preparation, and the excitement - twice. And both times they’ve been utterly destroyed. And the second time, it was like Street Fighter Tiger Uppercut, Mortal Kombat Finish Them! typed destroyed. I’ll take that. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom