best 10 seasons of TV (1 Viewer)

jamesbhack

All-Pro
Reaction score
ONLY RULE - can’t name a show twice (multiple seasons)

1- MADMEN season 5
(This and EVERYTHING is a million miles below)

2- BREAKING BAD season 5
3- THE LEFTOVERS season 2
4- ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT season 2
5- LOST season 1
6- THE AFFAIR - season 4
7- BAND OF BROTHERS
8- TRUE DETECTIVE season 1
9- HEROES season 1
10- QUANTUM LEAP season 5

honorable mention: OJ Made in America

Lost season one is the best seasons n if any show I’ve ever seen

Disagree on quantum leap I lovethe show and I love some episodes from that season but overall it’s my least favorite

Seinfeld season 4

Sopranos season one

24 season one - I’m sure a later season may be considered “better” but this was the first time that format was done. I remember reading about it before the show aired and thinking that it sounded like it would never work. I watched out if curiosity and was completely hooked

ER season one - the episode with Dr Greene and the pregnant woman is one of the best single TV episodes I’ve ever seen

Lost season one is the best seasons n if any show I’ve ever seen

Disagree on quantum leap I lovethe show and I love some episodes from that season but overall it’s my least favorite

Seinfeld season 4

Sopranos season one

24 season one - I’m sure a later season may be considered “better” but this was the first time that format was done. I remember reading about it before the show aired and thinking that it sounded like it would never work. I watched out if curiosity and was completely hooked

ER season one - the episode with Dr Greene and the pregnant woman is one of the best single TV episodes I’ve ever seen

Agree on 24.

Lost season one.... In hindsight that show had me wrapped up for days following just looking for any explanation. Heck we had thread here that kept me satiated until the next episode. Aside from True Detective season one, there hasn't been another show that captivated me like Lost.

And Seinfeld.. Whatever season George worked for Yankees... So funny

(1) Game of Thrones - Season 2. Answered teenage dreams of combining swords, sorcery, and naked ladies; a good plot thickened despite death of main character.

(2) Survivor - Season 1. It was a good new idea, not cheesy yet. A brilliant lesson in game theory.

(3) John Adams. So well done; history was accurate, acting was superb, and of this list probably the only one you can watch with kids.

(4) Dallas - the year JR and Bobby competed for the company. Showing my age here, but at 13 this was pretty darn entertaining.

(5) Lost - Season 1. Beautiful cast, mysterious plot; it showed so much promise! What's in the hatch???

(6) Rome - Season 2. "Triumvirate" has definitions other than three men ruling. Titus Pulo rocks! The final season, leaves you wanting more.

(7) Black Sails - Season 4. They made a great show better by adding Titus Pulo as Blackbeard.

(8) Firefly. So they fly with spaceships and then fight with revolvers? And it works! How could they cancel that after one season???

(9) Cosmos - the original. "Billions and billions!"

(10) Vikings - Season 4. Kill the main character and somehow the show gets better? See (1) above.

Last edited:
Deadwood season 3

Borgen season 3

Slings and Arrows season 3

Friday Night Lights season 1

Twin Peaks season 1

MASH season 4

All in the Family season 1 (?)

Mary Tyler Moore season 7 (?)

Arab Labour season 3

. . . And . . .

New Orleans Saints Football season 43 (2009-10)

Last edited:
ONLY RULE - can’t name a show twice (multiple seasons)

1- MADMEN season 5
(This and EVERYTHING is a million miles below)

2- BREAKING BAD season 5
3- THE LEFTOVERS season 2
4- ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT season 2
5- LOST season 1
6- THE AFFAIR - season 4
7- BAND OF BROTHERS
8- TRUE DETECTIVE season 1
9- HEROES season 1
10- QUANTUM LEAP season 5

honorable mention: OJ Made in America

considering i've only seen one of the ones you listed, it seems like i need to find some new shows to watch.

1.) The Wire Season 4

2.) Deadwood Season 2

3.) Band of Brothers

4.) Mad Men Season 4(but really could be 5 or 7 as well)

5.) True Detective Season 1

6.) Fargo Season 2

7.) The Returned Season 1(original version)

8.) Breaking Bad Season 5

9.) Game of Thrones Season 3

10.) Rome Season 1
10B.) Generation Kill

Decided to keep it to only one series per slot even though Deadwood and The Wire could fill up most of it. Also kept it to Dramas. Otherwise Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Atlanta Season 2, and Barry would possibly be in there somewhere.

Last edited:
(1) Game of Thrones - Season 2. Answered teenage dreams of combining swords, sorcery, and naked ladies; a good plot thickened despite death of main character.

(2) Survivor - Season 1. It was a good new idea, not cheesy yet. A brilliant lesson in game theory.

(3) John Adams. So well done; history was accurate, acting was superb, and of this list probably the only one you can watch with kids.

(4) Dallas - the year JR and Bobby competed for the company. Showing my age here, but at 13 this was pretty darn entertaining.

(5) Lost - Season 1. Beautiful cast, mysterious plot; it showed so much promise! What's in the hatch???

(6) Rome - Season 2. "Triumvirate" has definitions other than three men ruling. Titus Pulo rocks! The final season, leaves you wanting more.

(7) Black Sails - Season 4. They made a great show better by adding Titus Pulo as Blackbeard.

(8) Firefly. So they fly with spaceships and then fight with revolvers? And it works! How could they cancel that after one season???

(9) Cosmos - the original. "Billions and billions!"

(10) Vikings - Season 4. Kill the main character and somehow the show gets better? See (1) above.

FIREFLY! good call.

Deadwood season 3

Borgen season 3

Slings and Arrows season 3

Friday Night Lights season 1

Twin Peaks season 1

MASH season 4

All in the Family season 1 (?)

Mary Tyler Moore season 7 (?)

Arab Labour season 3

. . . And . . .

New Orleans Saints Football season 43 (2009-10)

If we are adding sports-

ONLY RULE - have to have watched it LIVE

(1) as with you - the entire regular season + playoffs 2009-10 NO saints

(2) 2004 masters (Phil Mickelson first major) as hardcore a saints fan as I am, this is actually a close second. Some of the best television of my life.

(3) Kobe Bryants final game

(4) Duke vs Kentucky 1992

(5) every Jordan vs Pistons series and Jordan vs Knicks series

(6) Tiger Woods 2018 PGA championship. he didn't even win but it was the loudest and most charged golf tournament since the '86 Masters.

(7) Giants beat Pats 2007 Super Bowl. became an Eli Manning fan forever.

(8) 2008 Olympics where Phelps and US team beat the French. "here comes Lezak!" freaking phenomenal

(9) MNF after Favre's dad passed away. Sorry I love Favre, just like Madden.

(10) Saints return to the dome MNF. the blocked punt. Always remember where I was when I watched this. The broadcast team was smart enough not to speak they just showed the crowd for a good 2-3 mintues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom