best 10 seasons of TV (1 Viewer)

Although Season 1 of lost was pretty good, I always felt that season 2 was better,

My issue with Lost, despite how good the first couple seasons were in isolation, is it is clear what made a lot of it so good(the mystery) was total bullshirt and they just sort of came up with random things they had no real idea how they were going to connect to the plot or serve any sort of larger thematic purpose and so it was incredibly gimmicky and cheap in retrospect.

Season one battlestar galactica (new series not early 80s)

Supernatural Seasons 1-5
Hannibal seasons 1-3
Jessica Jones season 1
The Americans final season

(I purposefully left out any seasons of Lost, GoT, Breaking Bad, and True Detective season 1 because they were already listed, but the weekly discussions in between episodes that these shows have created are game changing)

24 Season 1 is great and I agree with what the one poster said about it, but my personal favorite is Season 5 of 24.

Season 1 of Oz was good too.

Some of the early Simpsons seasons were great, but can't recall which one at the moment.

My issue with Lost, despite how good the first couple seasons were in isolation, is it is clear what made a lot of it so good(the mystery) was total bullshirt and they just sort of came up with random things they had no real idea how they were going to connect to the plot or serve any sort of larger thematic purpose and so it was incredibly gimmicky and cheap in retrospect.
Lost is one of my favorite shows of all time. However one of my biggest gripes was how they turned two great characters, Ben Linus and John Locke, into total patsies.

Northern Exposure. I know it's against the rules but I would pick all 6 seasons! :ezbill:

All of mine are already listed above except:

Murder One - Season 1 - probably my favorite best crime drama season ever

The Larry Sanders Show - Season 4(?) - "Hank's Sex Tape" is a standalone top 5 funniest TV episode.

Not much to add that hasn't been mentioned. I can't pick a season of Breaking Bad because I feel this was as close to perfection as a TV series has been. I will pick an episode. Ozymandias from Season 5. Absolutely brilliant.

Justified- Season 2
Better Call Saul- Season 1.

Last edited:

Agreed.

However, in season 1 you didnt know this. Therefore, you were in eyes wide open. No bias. No precondition.

That and True Detective were the two shows that had me pining for the next episode to come.

And i dont remember doing that since my youth and Miami Vice. lol ( for the Jan Hammer theme )

All of mine are already listed above except:

Murder One - Season 1 - probably my favorite best crime drama season ever

The Larry Sanders Show - Season 4(?) - "Hank's Sex Tape" is a standalone top 5 funniest TV episode.

Plus one on Murder One great show

I think that was the only TV show Stanley Tucci has done

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom