Best Buy Deceitful Business Practice (1 Viewer)

Is it what they call a double sided card? I had one that I got through lumber liquidators for some flooring. They put my promotional 1 yr/no interest on the mastercard side when it was supposed to go on the Lumber Liquidators side. 2 accounts, 1 card. Lots of BS.

This reminds me of the Home Depot and probably others scam where they offer you a no interest type deal if you get a card for your first purchase. Usually people do this for a large purchase like a riding mower or some big purchase. Well when they go to use that card again the purchase is charged interest and the catch is your payments are credited to the oldest charge first. In this situation you are paying off the no interest charge while the interest bearing charges are sitting their accruing interest every month until your non interst charge is paid off.

This reminds me of the Home Depot and probably others scam where they offer you a no interest type deal if you get a card for your first purchase. Usually people do this for a large purchase like a riding mower or some big purchase. Well when they go to use that card again the purchase is charged interest and the catch is your payments are credited to the oldest charge first. In this situation you are paying off the no interest charge while the interest bearing charges are sitting their accruing interest every month until your non interst charge is paid off.

thats in the fine print in credit card apps. the way it worked on one of mine i used to have (notice i said "used to") is i bought a tv at circuit city (never again) and that was about $1000. then i didnt know that if i charged something else before that tv was paid off part of my payment will go to the tv and part will go to something else. so i bought something else. and i luckily was able to pay it all off before the end but if not, i would have had to pay for the rest of the tv and all the interest i "would have" had to pay for those 6 months would have gone onto the account and id have to pay all that as well.

but the reason i said "used to" is cuz after it was paid off they still charged me a monthly note, so that day i had that note fixed and i cancelled the card.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm quite following what Best Buy did? You applied for what you thought was a Best Buy card and got a Mastercard instead? I bought my TV on the Best Buy card and didn't have any problems with the no interest thing.

:plus-un2: , I was totally satisfied with the whole experience, paid the whole thing off with no interest payments, but I will be alot more cautious now
thanks

The rebate garbage alone is almost enough to keep me out of Best Buy. I find it infuriating; I should walk out with my purchase, having paid for it, and our business is done. No, I have to fill out a form, mail in a receipt (a thermal receipt that can easily be made unreadable while in transit), and hope they send the rebate. It's a scam, they are hoping you will forget to mail it in. Scheisters.

I've got one for you, we returned an Electronic Battleship game to Target that we had bought for our son for Christmas because it was broken. My wife ordered it from target.com, and of course the store didn't sell this particular game so we got our cash back. That's not the issue. The issue is that yesterday I'm walking around the toys dept and I see an Electronic Battleship game on the shelf. I open it up and immediately recognize it as the one I returned. So, they're gonna sell a broken game to some other unsuspecting person. How crappy is that?

I've got one for you, we returned an Electronic Battleship game to Target that we had bought for our son for Christmas because it was broken. My wife ordered it from target.com, and of course the store didn't sell this particular game so we got our cash back. That's not the issue. The issue is that yesterday I'm walking around the toys dept and I see an Electronic Battleship game on the shelf. I open it up and immediately recognize it as the one I returned. So, they're gonna sell a broken game to some other unsuspecting person. How crappy is that?

Wow... nice.

this happens mor eoften than you'd think... I've seen it happen with computer computer systems, and they are re-stocked as brand new.

**Now you know one of the reasons CompUSA is closing it's doors.

Im fixing to go return an Alvin and the Chipmunks game to Bestbuy. They better give me one that works or my *** is grass at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom