Best deal you ever got? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
In 2007, I bought a "lifetime" subscription to XMRadio for one of our 2 cars. I think it was like $399.

"Lifetime" only means the life of your car, not you, but IIRC you could transfer it for $75. When I traded that car in in 2009 I called them and they waived the transfer fee.

I did the exact same thing in 2015 when I traded that second car in, only this time they did charge me $35 to switch it over.

Going into year 10 of the lifetime contract. I think I've saved like $1700 in SiriusXM fees.

Its not a lot of money, but it feels like a huge steal, especially since it seemed like XM might file bankruptcy before I ever got 1 year into the deal

2 Tickets to NFC Championship in 2009. Paid way more than Face but still the best deal I ever got. :ezbill:

Worst deal? - Tickets to SF game in 2011.

I once got a new pair of shoes for $1.99. That they essentially disintegrated mere weeks after I purchased them is immaterial to the fact that that was a hell of a deal.

In 2007, I bought a "lifetime" subscription to XMRadio for one of our 2 cars. I think it was like $399.

"Lifetime" only means the life of your car, not you, but IIRC you could transfer it for $75. When I traded that car in in 2009 I called them and they waived the transfer fee.

I did the exact same thing in 2015 when I traded that second car in, only this time they did charge me $35 to switch it over.

Going into year 10 of the lifetime contract. I think I've saved like $1700 in SiriusXM fees.

Its not a lot of money, but it feels like a huge steal, especially since it seemed like XM might file bankruptcy before I ever got 1 year into the deal

That's a great deal. I love Sirius in the car, can't imagine not having it. I'm paying on the order of $120 or more a year.

That's a great deal. I love Sirius in the car, can't imagine not having it. I'm paying on the order of $120 or more a year.

1 simple phone call per year can cut that by about 75%

1 simple phone call per year can that by about 75%

mqdefault.jpg

I ordered 1000 1 mg alprazolam tablets from an Indian supplier a couple years ago. He screwed up and sent me 10,000 instead. I thought that was a pretty good deal since he told me just to keep them.

i got mine in 2007 too!

Had that GIANT AUDIVOX CONTRAPTION on dash at first.

then they came at me with the same special $399 LIFETIME. Paid it.

Havent looked back - but i went with Sirius out the gate...not XM.

man, ur right that has turned out to be a STEAL. lol

There was that time, back when online sports books were fairly new, that my online sports book was still taking bets on the Nascar Cup championship fairly late in the season - and they had Jeff Gordon at 3:1 . . . when he was virtually a lock to win. Literally. It was crazy that they hadn't updated the odds or closed the bet.

I put $1000 on it and they paid the $3000 a month later. That was a pretty sweet deal.

About 8 years ago I came across a pair of khakis, dockers or the like, on the clearance rack for $1.48.

I put them into the 'work pants' rotation, and they lasted about 7 years...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom