Best Ever Win Against: Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

I’m partial to the September 24, 2017 at Carolina. Coming off of three straight 7-9 seasons and starting the 2017 season at 0-2 with losses to the Vikes and Pats. Our O-line was horrible in the preseason. Carolina was 2-0 and we thrashed them 34-13 and the Saints won the NFCS four straight years. This game started it all.

Three picks off of Cam Newton and Kamara’s first of many TDs.

Last edited:
Remember that time when Newton was grandstanding on his way into the end zone and Michael Mauti(?) knocked the snot out of him and prevented the score?

I don’t remember if we won that game but that hit was epic.

I’m partial to the September 24, 2017 at Carolina. Coming off of three straight 7-9 seasons and starting the 2017 season at 0-2 with losses to the Vikes and Pats. Our O-line was horrible in the preseason. Carolina was 2-0 and we thrashed them 34-13 and the Saints won the NFCS four straight years. This game started it all.

Three picks off of Cam Newton and Kamara’s first of many TDs.

This above, I had just canceled DirectTV and this was the London game on national television (my sister and BIL that live in France were at the game)....This game started the rebirth of the Saints and started a 4 year playoff run, it also became a Sunday tradition for me and my older son that was living with us at the time to hit the local sports bar and watch the games....memories.....

For me its Week 8 in 2009 - down 17-6 at halftime but came back to win 30-20 on a Brees to Meachem bomb and fumble recovery TD. Saints go to 8-0.

But its mostly because I finagled my way on to the field with a friend who had a connection to the Saints after the game and we hung out in the Poyrdras St endzone chatting with Sean Payton and Doug Thornton (who ran the Superdome and gave us the "Katrina tour" after the game.) There was a spread for the players and families under the home sideline seats (pre-renovation when there was nothing but empty space where the bunker clubs are now) and guys like Fujita were out on the field playing catch with their kids. We eventually walked out of the endzone and straight on to Poydras St to go have a drink to celebrate.

Probably my favorite Saints game experience I've ever had.

I thought that more of these would have popped up

Anyway, I'll admit I'm drawing a bit of a blank for a signature win over the Panthers so I guess I'll go with the playoff win that completed the 3-0 season sweep
Yep, beating them 3 times that year also beat the odds. And they all said it couldn’t be done.Well, some said it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom