best numbers to have in a football pool ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know that the numbers I will get are gonna be random. but typically what numbers would I have the best chance of winning with. could'nt resist getting in on the action. one pool (i have three spaces) 300.00 first half/650.00final. 5.00 per square. the other is 10.00 per square (2 spaces) 500.00 first half/1500.00 final

My numbers are 8 and 8. $250 a quarter. I've had worse numbers before.

I would think 3s, 7s, and 0s would be the best, for obvious reasons....

on pool, numbers across and down ?

My numbers are 8 and 8. $250 a quarter. I've had worse numbers before.

since #'s go across and down, do i get one number for bears and one for colts per square i've purchased ?? first time in a pool

since #'s go across and down, do i get one number for bears and one for colts per square i've purchased ?? first time in a pool

excatly....

i think 0-0 are the best
youy're winning before the game starts

If you have crappy numbers (which, to me, is anything other than 3, 6, 7, or 0), you want the score to go high -- and the higher the better. For instance, 1 is a guaranteed loser unless the score gets over 10, and 11 is very unlikely, but 21 is more likely. 4 is almost guaranteed to be a loser under 10 -- even 5 has to have better odds under 10. But then 14 is more likely than 15, 35 is probably as likely as 24, 34, etc.

If I ever get the time, this would be something to look at mathematically. Kind of like odds in craps or rolling dice.

I have 7 and 3, 7 and 0, 7 and 1 on the $50 dollars a square pool. I have a good shot at hitting

Yep. I had Saints-0 Bears-7. And, of course the Bears had the ball inside the Saints' 5 yard line at the end of the first quarter.

1-3-NO3 (1:28) R.Grossman pass incomplete short middle to D.Clark [W.Smith].
2-3-NO3 (1:23) C.Benson right guard to NO 1 for 2 yards (J.Bellamy, H.Thomas).
3-1-NO1 :)49) R.Grossman pass incomplete short left to J.McKie (D.Clark).
4-1-NO1 :)44) (Field Goal formation) R.Gould 19 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-P.Mannelly, Holder-B.Maynard.

I was glad the Saints held, but, knowing the final outcome, that little goal-line stand cost me $125 on a $5 bet.

I never win these damn things. Literally never.

I have 8 & 4: 4&4; and 6 & 0

I think they are pretty good -- usually I get a 5 or something

If you have crappy numbers (which, to me, is anything other than 3, 6, 7, or 0), you want the score to go high -- and the higher the better. For instance, 1 is a guaranteed loser unless the score gets over 10, and 11 is very unlikely, but 21 is more likely. 4 is almost guaranteed to be a loser under 10 -- even 5 has to have better odds under 10. But then 14 is more likely than 15, 35 is probably as likely as 24, 34, etc.

If I ever get the time, this would be something to look at mathematically. Kind of like odds in craps or rolling dice.

I was in an office a few years back with a guy who ran a squares pool for every Saints game during the season (plus one game each playoff weekend and the SB). We came up with a method to minimize the "crappy numbers" issue. We would draw the numbers for the 1st quarter, and then would shift the numbers for the second quarter, then shift again for the 3rd quarter, and again for the 4th quarter. Essentially, it gave everyone 4 sets of numbers per square. We had a sheet set up that made the process simple, and everyone loved it -- he's been using that method ever since.

I've also seen pools that automatically give a payback to (2,2), (5,5), (2,5), and (5,2), win or lose.

ZEROS Are ALWAYS a good sign!

Then 7, 4, (nothing to back it up other than years of playing those things every week on the movie sets where it would consume us for that Friday with all the college games and things, then it was back to work as usual.) On Monday we'd see who won the hundreds of dollars then Monday would be hot for Monday Night since we'd be working through most of the game and someone would have a televison somewhere and give us reports over the walkie-talkies! FUN!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom