Big Lane Johnson (1 Viewer)

I know Belfast was high on Lane Johnson. He tested off the charts, so he may not be available at 15 anymore.... Unfortunately....

But all that shows is that they're great athletes. They still have to be able to put on pads and block.

I would shy away from falling in love with an "athlete tackle" though. We have one on the roster named Charles Brown. Guys still gotta be able to put on pads and block. But they've definitely helped their draft stock.

Im not shyin away with fallin in love with athlete tackles. But I am done with Charles Brown. He put on pads and blocked........for 8 starts in 3 years.

This is the same Charles Brown who posted a weak 21 reps at the Combine. The same Charles Brown who ran a 5.2 at his Pro Day, which he had to run because he got hurt at the Combine!

Whether its the Combine, year 1, year 2, year 3......all ended up with Charles Brown gettin hurt. Im not hatin on him, but face it, he just cant stay healthy.

And to think there was a time where folks said OT wasnt a big factor because as long as the interior was there, Drew could step up or slide away from pressure. Not true. OT play DOES matter. We had some problems at RT last year. Lose Bushrod, and now we have problems at BOTH OT spots.

And folks thought CB would come in and beat out Bushrod as the starter at LT. Not true. Brown cant beat out Zack, let alone Bushrod.

Lose Bushod, and the Saints will have to draft an "athlete tackle" at 15. Right now, IMO, that'll be Lane Johnson.

Im not shyin away with fallin in love with athlete tackles. But I am done with Charles Brown. He put on pads and blocked........for 8 starts in 3 years.

This is the same Charles Brown who posted a weak 21 reps at the Combine. The same Charles Brown who ran a 5.2 at his Pro Day, which he had to run because he got hurt at the Combine!

Whether its the Combine, year 1, year 2, year 3......all ended up with Charles Brown gettin hurt. Im not hatin on him, but face it, he just cant stay healthy.

And to think there was a time where folks said OT wasnt a big factor because as long as the interior was there, Drew could step up or slide away from pressure. Not true. OT play DOES matter. We had some problems at RT last year. Lose Bushrod, and now we have problems at BOTH OT spots.

And folks thought CB would come in and beat out Bushrod as the starter at LT. Not true. Brown cant beat out Zack, let alone Bushrod.

Lose Bushod, and the Saints will have to draft an "athlete tackle" at 15. Right now, IMO, that'll be Lane Johnson.

Yea I wasn't really using Charles Brown as an example of success...

I know Belfast was high on Lane Johnson. He tested off the charts, so he may not be available at 15 anymore.... Unfortunately....

I don't think him running a 4.72 or whatever it was will change his stock much. His athleticism was never in doubt (though I think he put an exclamation point on it). His relative inexperience, need to clean up some technique areas and need to add a bit of lower body strength is what will keep him in the 10 - 20 range.

Would still prefer Fisher.

well i've heard the cardinals REALLY like matt barkley, the Bills say they will take a QB so i can see them taking geno smith or the best QB available, and with eric fisher and lane johnson doing so well I really think jarvis jones drops to us which would be outstanding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom