Billary continues to float the Clinton-Obama trial balloon (1 Viewer)

ArmoredNOSaint

Metroplex Who Dat
Reaction score
Obama said Saturday that he won't be her VP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/08/obama-you-wont-see-me-_n_90560.html

I think this is more gamesmanship on the part of the Clintons to position themselves for the convention fight. Approaching the convention, they will be appealing to delegates that the logical way out of their delegate mess -- not seating Florida and Michigan plus the perception that the superdelegates are picking their nominee -- is to form a ticket with both and, of course, to put Hillary at the top of the ticket.

Last edited:
Let's see......

The candidate who's trailing in the popular vote, pledged delegates and states won is offering the VP slot to her opponent (you know, the one who's leading in those categories).

The definition of "hubris" should include the Hildebeest's pic.

The funny part is that you never hear the media pointing this out, yet they have been talking about the "dream ticket" non-stop for the past couple of days. When will someone ask Hillary where she gets off giving away her VP slot when she's losing? When will someone ask Hillary why she would give Obama the VP slot when according to her he is running based on a speech, and does not have the requisite experience to be VP (which is pretty much the only thing that matters since the VP has to be ready from day one in case the President kicks the bucket).

>>Obama said Saturday that he won't be her VP.

Not what I got from him. I got that he wasn't a Vice Presidential candidate not that he wouldn't be her vice president if it came down to that. I think he probably would, or if not, Hillary would find a suitable right-winger democrat (Jim Webb) or another African American.

TPS

>>Obama said Saturday that he won't be her VP.

Not what I got from him. I got that he wasn't a Vice Presidential candidate not that he wouldn't be her vice president if it came down to that. I think he probably would, or if not, Hillary would find a suitable right-winger democrat (Jim Webb) or another African American.

Well, that's what she will have to do if she is appointed the Democratic nomination. He 100% will not be her VP. He truly does not think she can win in November, no matter who she picks as a running mate.

>>Well, that's what she will have to do if she is appointed the Democratic nomination. He 100% will not be her VP. He truly does not think she can win in November, no matter who she picks as a running mate.

Not to be facetious (sp?) but I didn't glean that either from his comments or the article. So is there a link to this or is it speculation?

This is, to resurrect the phrase from the first Clinton administration, "boob bait for bubbas". Supporters of Obama, particularly blacks, know that if hillary is nominated, they can get Obama on the ticket. Gore, eyeing a 2000 run, was suckered into the same position, where the Capitol hill story of the first term was the battle between Gore and Hillary for the actual VP slot. gore was forever tarnished by the Clinton connection, and he is now a privat ecitizen instead of wrapping up his second term in office.

Obama is to wait until 2016 if this comes to pass. This is how clintons win elections, and why this budding dynasty needs to be nipped in the bud.

>>Well, that's what she will have to do if she is appointed the Democratic nomination. He 100% will not be her VP. He truly does not think she can win in November, no matter who she picks as a running mate.

Not to be facetious (sp?) but I didn't glean that either from his comments or the article. So is there a link to this or is it speculation?

He's a lot less magnanamous (sp?) behind the scenes. The thought of him being Hillary's VP is a running joke among the staff. He's never thought of her as a viable candidate even though he says otherwise in debates; it's like telling a 300 lb woman that her new dress makes her look thin. There is a genuine dislike for the Clintons among the Obama crowd and it's not lost on him. He believes that to put Hillary forth is to pave the way for McCain. "I can get all of hers, she can't get all of mine" is the way he puts it. That "upscale Democrat" (tm - Bill Clinton) would switch to McCain so fast it would make your head spin. When Obama initially filed to run back in early 2007, I believe he mentioned being open to running on Bill Richardson's ticket if it came to that which is one of the reasons Richardson is now mentioned as a possibility for a running mate for Obama.

He's a lot less magnanamous (sp?) behind the scenes. The thought of him being Hillary's VP is a running joke among the staff. He's never thought of her as a viable candidate even though he says otherwise in debates; it's like telling a 300 lb woman that her new dress makes her look thin. There is a genuine dislike for the Clintons among the Obama crowd and it's not lost on him. He believes that to put Hillary forth is to pave the way for McCain. "I can get all of hers, she can't get all of mine" is the way he puts it. That "upscale Democrat" (tm - Bill Clinton) would switch to McCain so fast it would make your head spin. When Obama initially filed to run back in early 2007, I believe he mentioned being open to running on Bill Richardson's ticket if it came to that which is one of the reasons Richardson is now mentioned as a possibility for a running mate for Obama.

He has a bright future, unless he became her running mate. It's almost political suicide.

I find the behavior of her and her campaign in the past week to be reprehensible. For the first time, I too believe that she's willing to risk destroying her entire party in order to game the White House.

Terrible.

A Clinton Obama ticket is what would be best for this country. It would be the best shot at getting the Republicans out of office. An Obama and whomever ticket or a Clinton whomever ticket isn't going to get it done. Then, you have an expanding war, a greater seperation of the wealthy and poor, oil companies and drug companies dictating more horrible policies for Americans, and a simple transition from the worst administration in our nations history to another one.

A Clinton Obama ticket is what would be best for this country. It would be the best shot at getting the Republicans out of office. An Obama and whomever ticket or a Clinton whomever ticket isn't going to get it done. Then, you have an expanding war, a greater seperation of the wealthy and poor, oil companies and drug companies dictating more horrible policies for Americans, and a simple transition from the worst administration in our nations history to another one.

No. A Clinton-Obama ticket, in any combination, is a losing ticket. Period.

I think you completely mis-read the support for Obama and Clinton.

Putting the two of them together guarantees McCain is President. Which I'm not averse to, but I'd like to see a more progressive and competitive election...so I'd prefer to see Obama get the nomination.

I believe this is beyond a trial balloon. My view is it's a very clever ploy carefully calculated and vetted by the Clinton campaign. Hillary can now be seen as a uniter of the party ("Vote for me and you still get Barrack") and Barrack's hesitation to reciprocate the offer will be perceived as divisive by many. My prediction is the Clinton campaign will be giving this a lot of press between now and Pennsylvania.

I agree with cruize--a ticket with Clinton getting top-billing gives the Dems the best chance of winning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom