Blameless Players? (1 Viewer)

Brees is better than Vick QB Wise, Vick belongs in a Circus, he's pure Entertainment, exciting to watch.. Case closed.

Last edited:
I completely understand that, and I do blame him I've already said that.

But that doesn't take away from all of our drops and the fact that our defense gave up 500 yards to the 1-6 Detroit Lions, which is HORRENDOUS.
The 1-6 Lions are a different animal if they convert on 3rd down, otherwise they have a decent passing attack. It sounds more like the team just overlooked them. Perhaps it's not the Atlanta players...
Let's just say you won't find a "bring back the prevent defense" post on this board.

Saints junkie, not that I don't think Brees can make better plays than Ab, but ab probably has more physical talent than brees. If nothing else, he is taller and won't get his passes batted down. I'm only 34, but I've never seen a Saints qb more in command of an offense than Brees. It really is a pleasure to watch the saints, and that includes their two losses. This team never gave up, and with the exception of all the penalties against the ravens, I can't ever remember a better first half. What I hope this board doesnt turn into is that if the Saints go 2-6 the rest of the way, everyone looks for blame. Remember this is Paytons first draft and first year. We are on the right track. I think we have the right personnel, and rest assured you will see even more changes over the off season. It's good to see accountability is a priority in this organization.

Interestingly enough, Aaron Brooks had a knack for getting his passes batted down-- a lot more than Drew Brees. He zeroed in on one wr and made it easy for defensive linemen to do this.

Aaron Brooks has more physical talent than Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw..etc. Brooks has a rocket arm and good size, but sadly he is just, well, not a very good qb and I think a lot of that stems from being aloof and a lack of brain power. He just doesn't "get it" and never will.

"I've never seen a Saints qb more in command of an offense than Brees."

You nailed it there..Brees seems to have as much command over this offense as Montana did over his offense in the SF glory days.

Interestingly enough, Aaron Brooks had a knack for getting his passes batted down-- a lot more than Drew Brees. He zeroed in on one wr and made it easy for defensive linemen to do this.

Aaron Brooks has more physical talent than Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw..etc. Brooks has a rocket arm and good size, but sadly he is just, well, not a very good qb and I think a lot of that stems from being aloof and a lack of brain power. He just doesn't "get it" and never will.

"I've never seen a Saints qb more in command of an offense than Brees."

You nailed it there..Brees seems to have as much command over this offense as Montana did over his offense in the SF glory days.

I still say that no quarterback can outplay McCarthys playbook. And current events are bearing that out.
Brooks problems = Mike McCarthy.
Hasletts problems = McCarthy + venturi
San Frans problem '05 = McCarthy
Green Bays worst hire ever = McCarthy.

Elway would have bit it under that coach.

I was glad to see Brooks leave like most people were(when they finally realized he was heartless and didn't care about winning) as well as the Saints cleaning house and bringing in a new regime(the reason I bought season tickets) but please lets try not to bring up Aaron Brooks..:ezbill: ..Those last couple years were painful years to say the least....Lets just be happy that we got Brees(who is playing like one of the best QB's in the league), his shoulder is fine, Duece is bouncing back fairly well and Colston is ROY......:9:

I think Brooks, Venturi and Haslett got most of the blame. They were all doomed and booed by the Saints fans.

With the risk of losing the team and now seeing what a good Saints team looks like. Fans are pretty much behind THE TEAM. I have not seen this since following the Saints in 1987. It is refreshing!

A combination of a stubborn Head Coach, a football svay-less QB, and a old fashion Defense Coordinator. We now have a adjustable Head Coach, a smart and savy QB, and an up-to-date Defense Coordinator.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom