Bobby Petrino signs a 7 year contract extension at Arkansas (1 Viewer)

Guess he didn't have a shot in hell at the Florida job. Kinda glad too, he's a pretty good coach. Hate to see what he could do with some actual talent to play with.

Of course with Vanderbilt allegedly throwing around wayyyy more money for an OC, his old salary was kinda insulting for a coach of his caliber.

Great signing for Arkansas. Wonder what his buyout is... Kinda surprised he's sticking around theoretically for so long. Arkansas is really stepping up their game lately, guess they were really insulted when everyone was saying they should get kicked out of the SEC. haha But I'm proud of you guys. Congrats dude. Ya'll have one of the best coaches in the SEC, especially since meyer split.

and that's sposta make me trust ol Bobby to honor his word? :smilielol::spit::smilielol:

and that's sposta make me trust ol Bobby to honor his word? :smilielol::spit::smilielol:

Depends, did he demand his contract not require that there be a buy out for him to get out of it like Saban's with Alabama? Or did Arkansas only agree to give him such a long and lucrative commitment in exchange for an extremely prohibitive buyout?

Depends, did he demand his contract not require that there be a buy out for him to get out of it like Saban's with Alabama? Or did Arkansas only agree to give him such a long and lucrative commitment in exchange for an extremely prohibitive buyout?

The latter. He already has a large buyout as it is, and was prohibited from leaving Arkansas to join another SEC West school under his old contract. As it was, he was already one of the top ten paid coaches in the US. I am hearing he is getting a big raise and restrictions on him joining any school in the SEC East as well.

The UA has also announced plans to build an enormous football facility that Petrino has wanted.

From what I have heard, he and his family love living in Fayetteville and it reminds him of his home state of Montana.

Time will tell.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Bobby for what he did <strike>to</strike> for Atlanta.

Buyout appears even bigger than I thought. A whopping 18 million the next 2 years, gradually dropping to around 10 million after 7 years. There is a clause prohibiting him from leaving for ANY team in the SEC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom