Brees in possible lightning incident in Venezuela (UPDATE: Drew not struck by lightning, is okay) (1 Viewer)

It’s always been like that. From the days when CBS hired Jimmy The Greek for their pregame show.

Still ... pretend this is Pete Rozelle:

6a00d83451fe4669e201bb09dd673d970d-800wi.gif

It's tennis for people with arthritis.

Like Cornhole, horseshoes for people not allowed to play with heavy metal objects.
If you haven't played yet, you can't say anything. I play it when I can. I played tennis before and I like pickleball more than tennis.

There are actually more young than old playing this. At the park where I go, it's like a 80/20 ratio of young to old with around 200 or so playing on all the courts. The rules can be a little confusing at first, but it's easy to catch on.

On a side note my God the amount of gambling sites these days is insane. Can’t turn in a game or a sports show without betting commercials.
And you wonder why the NFL is turning out like it is…

Gambling addicts having gambling at their finger tips is like having a meth addict running a meth lab. It’s going to screw up a lot of people and families.

I've got a couple close friends still chasing sports glory who play pickleball.

Both of them:

broken-leg.jpg

Me? I'm the guy you see walking into parked cars while walking and being an iphone zombie listening to music and reading twitter.

pickleball is serious business though....according to my parents anyway
It is. My boys attend tennis practice at a swim and tennis club out here. There are pickle ball courts. I take my dog and we watch these older folks play. Let me tell you, these games get really intense. Ironically, it’s the females that are more intense/competitive than the males when they are playing doubles. Reminds me of my grandmother’s card games growing up. Those women were no holds barred when it came to anything competitive😂

Last edited:
And you wonder why the NFL is turning out like it is…

Gambling addicts having gambling at their finger tips is like having a meth addict running a meth lab. It’s going to screw up a lot of people and families.
I misread this as a math addict running a math lab.

It’s always been like that. From the days when CBS hired Jimmy The Greek for their pregame show.

Not like this, no. Back in the days when Snyder was predicting winners during the NFL pregame show, gambling was illegal in most of the U.S. If you were a degenerate gambler, you either lived in Nevada, betted illegally, or had to jump through hoops to get any sort of legal sweet action.

Today, I can bet on the NFL (or any sport I want) through an app on my phone from anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds. And gambling is being marketed as a fun activity, even as support for your team.

And certainly we were not bombarded with ads everywhere.

In MX, it's even worse. You are watching a game on TV, and the announcers will tell you, multiple times, "right now if you bet this much on this happening your payoff will be this much!".

Last edited:
Yo Drew. Purdue job is open. Go be Primetime and take it. You clearly need something meaningful to do in your life.

Tbh, if we fired DA mid season I would have no problem with hiring Drew to be HC (like the Indianapolis Colts did when they brought on Saturday after they canned Reich), and honestly, it would make sense for the following reasons:

1) who knows this offensive system better than the man that it was designed for? Pete obviously wasn’t taking notes when Drew and Sean were going over gameplans, and if he was, the dog must have eaten his notes.

2) for all of his poor financial discipline off the field, Drew’s discipline on the field was second to none. Guys wouldn’t get a pass on committing stupid penalties under Drew (as they have been under DA).

3) Nobody on this staff wants to tarnish their coaching reputation by being placed behind the wheel of this dumpster fire, meanwhile Drew is between business ventures. He failed as a commentator/analyst, so he might view this as an opportunity to scratch his itch to be in football.

4) He has the skins on the wall as a player where players will have to respect his knowledge of the game.

5) because @TCUDan has too much going on right now to fill in once DA is gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom