Brees is having a "Peyton" year (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You know what upsets me. Last night on NFL Live, Sean Salisbury when asked about the league MVP he says Manning because Manning has had a lot go against him, or is doing the most with the least. How does he figure that.

My argument is that Brees should get the nod because he took over a 3-13, learned a new system, with a 7th round rookie WR starting for him, no TE, and Offensive line that everyone was new at their position...despite all of this he is playing outstanding.

Manning is playing with the same receivers, pretty much the same offense line, the only defense he does have james at running back. A TE that can play and he was expected to be good anyway, taking over a team that went what, 13-3.

Who had the harder time or the most going against him.

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Summarize what Kirwan had said:

1. Who are throwing deep ball most?
McNabb, Johnson, Manning brothers.

2. Who are completing the deep ball throw?
Brees, McNair, Carr.

3. Which qbs get their passes blocked the least?
Brees, P. Manning.

4. Who gets it done on 3rd and 4th down passes?
P. Manning, Rivers, Brees.

5. Who response well under pressure?
P. Manning, Pennington.

6. Which team has the most dropped pass? the least dropped pass?
Eagles. Rams.

7. Who has the best third down situation?
Brees, Grossman, Rivers.

Brees, Brees, Brees. I think Kirwan has a man crush on the Saints qb.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"man crush"? seems to me he's just reporting the facts, msmith. You have a problem with those facts?

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Summarize what Kirwan had said:

1. Who are throwing deep ball most?
McNabb, Johnson, Manning brothers.

2. Who are completing the deep ball throw?
Brees, McNair, Carr.

3. Which qbs get their passes blocked the least?
Brees, P. Manning.

4. Who gets it done on 3rd and 4th down passes?
P. Manning, Rivers, Brees.

P. Manning, Pennington.

6. Which team has the most dropped pass? the least dropped pass?
Eagles. Rams.

7. Who has the best third down situation?
Brees, Grossman, Rivers.

Brees, Brees, Brees. I think Kirwan has a man crush on the Saints qb.
In regard to the long ball, Kirwan also said the coaches should allow Brees to go long more often as he is 5 of 10 for 30 yards or over for 3 TD's.(50% is not too shabby when the average is what 23%?)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Wow........I guess that shuts up a bunch of people complaining about the number of passes that get batted down from Brees!
that is pretty surprising, especially since Brees has a lot of attempts. Though he does seem to have had fewer passes batted down recently as compared to the beginning of the year.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the crux of the article is statistics, not subjective opinion. But overcoming doubters is what Brees does, isn't it?

Kirwan isn't the only person to have doubted Brees, and later changed his mind. But the facts presented in the article are not subjective, I took "man crush" to denote undeserved admiration, maybe I was reading too much into that term.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
that is pretty surprising, especially since Brees has a lot of attempts. Though he does seem to have had fewer passes batted down recently as compared to the beginning of the year.
He seems to go through stretches. He had a few vs the Ravens for example, I think because (especially early on) he was shaken out of his normal rhythm. He also had a few knocked down by the Panthers, I think 2 or 3 by Peppers alone.

But that's Julius Peppers so yeah

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
P. Manning, Pennington.
This is one where Brees should also be mentioned. Led us back against Green Bay after down by 17, fighting back against Carolina when down by double digits, led us back against Philly when the momentum shifted their way and marched down the field on them, coming back against Pittsburgh (not his fault we lost). What "pressure" really has Peyton been under this year? He doesn't get any until January.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drew Brees thought 2017 was going to be his final season. Then he started having fun again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Empty stadiums may make the hard count more effective for veteran QBs like Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DomePatrol2005 Yahoo article throws some shade Brees way Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 54
Drew Brees and Tom Brady finish 1st showdown as divisional foes seeking more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Barnwell: Handing out 13 QB awards for Week 1, from Brady and Brees to Burrow and Wentz Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Brees 1 - Brady 0 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Brees was subpar Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
Watch: On Drew Brees' day, Demario Davis' contract, Jenkins' pick-six, more as Saints beat Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees Postgame After Week 1 Win vs. Buccaneers | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
NOLAJM504 Brees long-ball, is it low-key back? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 53
Brees' latest NFL record: Career pass attempts Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints QB Drew Brees breaks Brett Favre's career passing attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees breaks career pass attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Brees-Brady: There will only Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Sources: Brees planned to retire, changed mind Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sources: Saints wanted Brady if Brees retired Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bucs' Tom Brady vs. Saints' Drew Brees is QB matchup for the ages Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees New Orleans Saints Swing Vote Series Bobblehead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will Drew Brees go deep? And will Cam Jordan finally get his due? Top Saints storylines Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans' Drew Brees, Tampa Bay's Tom Brady provide historic backdrop to regular-season opener SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: It's now or never for Drew Brees in his relentless quest for second Super Bowl ring Saints RSS News Feeds 2
Battle of the GOATs? Why Tom Brady-Drew Brees matchup is like nothing we've seen before Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This is 40: Brady vs. Brees adds to unique list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees 'on borrowed time' as Saints enter Super Bowl-or-bust season SR News Page Articles 0
Interview with the Enemy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope a young and improved secondary give troubles for Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Would Brees depart Saints like Brady to Bucs? He'll 'finish right here,' Archie Manning says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees: “I’m on borrowed time” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
QB Brees 'on borrowed time,' echoes SB or bust Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees on playing Tom Brady: 'I've got nothing to lose. I'm turning it loose.' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brett Favre on Drew Brees’s 2020 season: I think it’s his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 2020 season preview: Can Drew Brees & Co. finally thrive in January? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Has Brees successfully kicked the habit of licking his fingers? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17