Humor Bryan Bresee tries to guess things from the 90's. (1 Viewer)

Kids these days really don't know recent history. When I was young I know a lot of stuff from 30 to 40 years back. The things presented to him was just recent history. He probably don't know we use to play outside with neighborhood kids, or talk on a house phone or get our butt whipped by our parents for a lot of things. And in the 90s, most people want to be Zack Morris. Don't lie. Hated Save By The Bell but I was secretly wanting to be like Zack

The only thing I ever wanted from the 3 episodes I watched of Saved by the Bell was Lark Voorhies.

Kids these days really don't know recent history. When I was young I know a lot of stuff from 30 to 40 years back. The things presented to him was just recent history. He probably don't know we use to play outside with neighborhood kids, or talk on a house phone or get our butt whipped by our parents for a lot of things. And in the 90s, most people want to be Zack Morris. Don't lie. Hated Save By The Bell but I was secretly wanting to be like Zack
šŸ’Æ.!

The only thing I ever wanted from the 3 episodes I watched of Saved by the Bell was Lark Voorhies.
Oh no... Especially Lark. For most of them the characters on that show was annoying. Lark, Lisa, was a self centered bougie. Jessie was too much of a feminist with a horrible attitude. Slater was a punk jock. Screech needed medication. I would of just watch for Kelly.

I have t shirts and underwear older than him and I didn't know half of what he was guessing at.

I did know what a floppy disk was though.

rhodey-so-hes-an-idiot.gif

It's true. I honestly think it is because when we were growing up we had limited avenues in which to gain pop culture knowledge. There was no internet, no social media, no streaming music/movies, and like 3 tv channels. So we were kinda forced to pull in information from various other sources...many of which belonged to our parents (their music, their tv shows, etc.) Now kids have sources that are tailor-made to meet their specific tastes and preferences. For years now they have had their own TV stations, streaming platforms, social media feeds, etc that are made specifically for them. So if they don't want to be exposed to anything outside of the Disney channel, Nickelodeon, customized music feeds, customized social media feeds....they don't have to. It's actually kinda sad. Had I had my own dedicated TV channel growing up I may have never known who Gilligan, Col. Hogan, Alfalfa, Marcia Brady, Samantha Stevens, Jeannie, Herman Munster, or Andy Griffith were.

Ok, I will get down from my old man soapbox now...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom