NFL Draft Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Love is lightning in a bottle, and going into last season, he was viewed as a fringe 1st round pick because of his combination of speed, quickness, and athleticism.
A December ACL injury devastated his draft stock, and he is now a Day 3 pick that could be staring at a redshirt rookie campaign.

The Saints (w/Dwayne Washington) and two starting caliber RBs already in the fold (AK41 being a superstar) are in a position to grab Love and stash him for a year... if he gets back to pre-injury form, he will be a BEAST of a change-of-pace RB.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of the movie "unbreakable "
If he can't stay healthy at the college
level, he better be ready for bigger hits.
He's a true hit or miss prospect.
Good luck to him, when healthy he's really good.

I think it would he incredibly smart to draft Love on day 3.

I'm sorry guys I just dont think hes going to make it there.

I'm willing to bet, Love gets drafted no later then the end of round 3. Talent like that can often be missed by media outlets. It usually isnt missed my good GMS that know what they are doing.

I just don't think his body will hold up.

He's been dinged up quite a bit at Stanford.

Would have plenty of time to heal and would just get very spot usage for awhile with us. Might do the body good.

From a value perspective if he drops that low in the draft and the Saints have a shot at him I would not be apposed to him being selected by us.

Love is lightning in a bottle, and going into last season, he was viewed as a fringe 1st round pick because of his combination of speed, quickness, and athleticism.
A December ACL injury devastated his draft stock, and he is now a Day 3 pick that could be staring at a redshirt rookie campaign.

The Saints (w/Dwayne Washington) and two starting caliber RBs already in the fold (AK41 being a superstar) are in a position to grab Love and stash him for a year... if he gets back to pre-injury form, he will be a BEAST of a change-of-pace RB.

Thoughts?

Hey Latt - Thanks for the post. I've never seen this guy. On film, he looks amazing. If we could grab him the 4th, SP could figure out how to use this disruptive talent without wearing him into the ground. Has he ever returned punts?

This is how I'd love to see us spend some of our late round picks. We're in a similar roster situation as we were last year, more picks than available roster spots. Draft a guy like love if he falls and redshirt him until year two when we need him. Team's can't snipe a player on PUP list like they can late round guys you waive to sneak into the practice squad.

I wonder if there's other injured stars that may fall to the late rounds due to injury? I like the idea of making a few guys virtual 2020 picks..

Love is the latest example of when coming back for your Senior season backfires. Had he come out last year we're probably talking about a 1st or 2nd round pick. Now he could slide to the 4th.

I'd love to have him but since we don't have a 3rd or 4th round pick, he's not going to be an option. When it comes to RBs size is becoming less and less of an issue. When I was growing up every team wanted a 6'1", 225 lb workhorse back. The NFL was a much tougher game back then and smaller RBs did have a hard time taking the pounding with a few notable exceptions.

But in today's game shorter RBs can have a lot of success for a few reasons.

1. The game isn't as physical

2. More teams use a RBBC meaning less wear and tear

3. The game has evolved leaving more open space on the field

4. More coaches are now willing to think outside of the box and use the weapons at their disposal. Taysom Hill is a perfect example. No way Taysom Hill is taking snaps over Drew Brees in 1998. For one thing Hill probably wouldn't be playing QB and there's no way a coach would line his HOF QB at WR.

I think Love will do just fine in the right situation. He needs to play in tandem with another RB. A backfield of AK and Love would be interesting to say the least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom