Caleb Farley to have back surgery. (1 Viewer)

while Farley maybe the best CB in this draft, he's got way too many injury concerns for me to take him that high

while Farley maybe the best CB in this draft, he's got way too many injury concerns for me to take him that high

I actually do not think he is the best CB in this draft. But you are right, his injuries are a concern.

In any case, all this does is raises the value of Jaycee Horn and Greg Newsome, two corners I think the team really likes. If they were already out of reach, notwithstanding a trade up, they are likely going to go even higher.

My sense is, if the Saints go up 7-8 spots, it will be for a CB. If they go up 12 spots, a QB. If they stay put, they could go in several different directions, including RB.

I actually do not think he is the best CB in this draft. But you are right, his injuries are a concern.

In any case, all this does is raises the value of Jaycee Horn and Greg Newsome, two corners I think the team really likes. If they were already out of reach, notwithstanding a trade up, they are likely going to go even higher.

My sense is, if the Saints go up 7-8 spots, it will be for a CB. If they go up 12 spots, a QB. If they stay put, they could go in several different directions, including RB.

After Horn’s pro day I can’t see him escaping the top 15. I also can’t seem them drafting a RB at 28. I see CB, LB, DT or OL.

just had the same surgery late December. I was told to not even run until 3 months after. and should wait until 6. of course I'm not an athlete. so no reason for me to rush anything.

just had the same surgery late December. I was told to not even run until 3 months after. and should wait until 6. of course I'm not an athlete. so no reason for me to rush anything.
I too had one last June. I am 68 and just started playing golf again 2 months ago but still hurt for a couple of days after each round. I cannot at any age envision playing a contact sport after having one. Tiger Woods has had 5 and as is fairly common, the disc is easier to repeat after having the first one. To me this procedure would make him undraftable to be.

methinks, a CB is more likely than a QB

Pretty much any time the Saints have telegraph their pick...

DT Ellis
DT Rankins
S Vaccaro

it was a mistake.

I'd hope that the Saints get the best possible player they can get and not focus on the position as much.

Lattimore had injury concerns in college as well.

After Horn’s pro day I can’t see him escaping the top 15. I also can’t seem them drafting a RB at 28. I see CB, LB, DT or OL.
I agree about Horn. If the QB they like is in range for them to trade up, I think they will go up and get him. CB is the other position that I think they’ll prioritize but they won’t reach. Again, if this team trades up it will be a QB or CB. LB is tricky because I think there could be some good players at the end of round 1 but unless they see a sure-fire stud it is not a position they will prioritize. Maybe the third or fourth round. It will just depends on the grade on the player relative to other positions. I don’t see OL in the first. I could see a DE, maybe someone who could eventually play on the strongside like Phillips. I wouldn’t rule out someone like Moehrig but I otherwise do not think safety. The draft has depth at WR so it will just depend on how high the grade is on the player. Do you think Moore or Toney or Marshall are that superior to the next tier of players? (Elijah) Moore might be.

But I’m just saying, do not rule out a RB. Last year, Jonathan Taylor was considered at 24. If Ruiz or Baun were not there, Taylor would have been the pick. And to help out the next starting QB, you’ll see more of an emphasis on running the football. Even if they do not grab one in the first, I’ll be very surprised if they don’t address the position at all through the draft. It’ll likely mean the board didn’t fall in their favor. But I can see a back, even someone with a skillset similar to Alvin’s.

Last edited:
He draft stock is going to take a noise dive because of this. Back problems are serious business and they last forever, just ask Tiger Woods or myself. I wake up in pain everyday and it sucks.

If he’s still on the board when the Saints take their 3rd round comp picks, then I think he’d be worth the gamble... that’s just too much value. If he gets “right” he could be a legit #1 CB

I too had one last June. I am 68 and just started playing golf again 2 months ago but still hurt for a couple of days after each round. I cannot at any age envision playing a contact sport after having one. Tiger Woods has had 5 and as is fairly common, the disc is easier to repeat after having the first one. To me this procedure would make him undraftable to be.
i thought the same thing. i'm trying to get back into running. furthest i've made it is 1/8 mile very slow and it was sore that night so i didnt do it again. waiting a little longer.

i thought the same thing. i'm trying to get back into running. furthest i've made it is 1/8 mile very slow and it was sore that night so i didnt do it again. waiting a little longer.
I still have residual nerve pain at a 2-3 level in my lower leg but it is very tolerable. My bigger issue than the actual lower back is that because I had to wait 8 weeks for my surgery due to COVID, my right leg muscles atrophied and 9 months later I am still exercising like crazy to build the muscles back. I hurt like crazy after exercising and am eating Advil (which is not good long term) like candy to control the pain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom