Car Stereos (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So, I recently blew out rear speakers, and had them replaced. I got some Vibe speakers in the back, but they sound so good, that now I figure it's time to upgrade the whole sound system. I'm spending a pretty penny on a new car system, and think it's worth it, since realizing that stock car audios can be really basic.

It's not top of the line, but it's a great starting point. Getting a Pioneer stereo with all Vibe speakers. I think it's a must have to have an after market system put in now, after hearing stock speakers, next to after market speakers

Do you agree?

If you are a car stereo buff, talk about your car stereo system, and explain what is key in a good sounding system. I'm only spending a grand for a new system, how much does it cost for top of the line stuff?

This video pretty much lists the order of importance in a car stereo system.

1. Stereo/receiver
2. e.q
3. amplifier
4. speakers/huge woofers
5. insulate the doors
6. quality speaker wires and connections
7. front speakers are the important speakers. Best speakers in the front.

My 2018 Mazda 3 Touring came with a good system, including a 9-speaker Bose setup. Ima leave it be, I just need to get it recognize my phone so I can stream Pandora through it. Not sure what the issue is, and there's no Mazda dealer in town :mad:

My 2018 Mazda 3 Touring came with a good system, including a 9-speaker Bose setup. Ima leave it be, I just need to get it recognize my phone so I can stream Pandora through it. Not sure what the issue is, and there's no Mazda dealer in town :mad:
I have the same system and issue in my 2017 mazda 6. It wants to recognize anything in the car except my phone, including a wireless speaker we brought on vaca once. It remembers my husband's phone, my old phone and the speaker that isn't in the car. If I fiddle with it long enough I can get it.
My phone is old and I think the Bluetooth connection isn't up to par.

I have the same system and issue in my 2017 mazda 6. It wants to recognize anything in the car except my phone, including a wireless speaker we brought on vaca once. It remembers my husband's phone, my old phone and the speaker that isn't in the car. If I fiddle with it long enough I can get it.
My phone is old and I think the Bluetooth connection isn't up to par.
I have an iPhone 13. Prior to getting this phone right after i bought the car, I had an iPhone 6S plus with which the car had no issues. Go figure. Either the sound system or the iPhone 13 is stupid.

This gonna’ reconstitute some Blaupunkt vs Alpine debate?

PS -Kickers over Bazookas any day.
My favorite system was the Alpine CD player and 100watt per channel amp with Alpine speakers behind the seats in my 1992 Toyota 4WD pickup. I had enough speaker cable to put the speakers on the roof at parties. This last feature was very important at concerts as well

When I was young and stupid I spent my money car stereo stuff.

I had a Pioneer receiver with the detachable face, tape deck behind the face, and a 12 disc CD changer with remote. Two Boston Acoustic tweeters and two 6" RF middies in the doors. And a custom subwoofer box - two 12" RF Punch series subwoofers nested inside the box with a RF Punch 400 amplifier - all with monster cable.

In a Honda CRX.

I shook the review mirror off.

I still can't hear.

For those having issues pairing phones with cars…try connecting with USB to pair. After that you won’t need the cable anymore. That’s what I’ve had to do in the past.

For those having issues pairing phones with cars…try connecting with USB to pair. After that you won’t need the cable anymore. That’s what I’ve had to do in the past.
I've tried it and my stupid phone/car system won't complete the hookup.

Stupid electronics.

there is a helix spare tire sub that i've been eyeing that is plug and play in my car. otherwise, vw/audi (vag, lol) typically have fantastic factory systems, and mine is no exception. incredible highs, but the bass it has is a little lackluster. i think the trunk sub will be a huge improvement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom