Car Stereos (1 Viewer)

my old tundra (2014) with the JBL sounded horrible, upgraded the head unit to a pioneer and it sounded a little better and was acceptable, I recently bought a 2024 tundra with the JBL system and this one is so much better. I may add a beat sonic amp to give it a little more boost, but overall I'm very happy with it compared to my old unit.

So, new car radio system installed, sounds great. Only thing is, shop destroyed my dash, and want to buy one from the junkyard to replace, instead of buying a new one. I told him, I would rather make other arrangements, than getting it fixed at your shop.

By the way, after market car audio repairs are super pricey.... Buyer beware.

A few things I learned.

Goto a shop that has been in business for at least two years.
Get a second quote from a different shop.
The first sign of substandard service, get out of Dodge!

Alright, quick update.

After countless texts, e-mails, and google reviews ( a little exaggeration..not exactly countless ), owner has decided to agree to fix my dash by my preference....At the dealership.

Thank you google reviews, I couldn't of done it without you.

Another update in the world of after market car audio.

Owner of the shop has rescinded his offer to fix my dash at the dealership, and now says, I have to get my dash fixed at his shop. Well, hopefully that's is the end of his e-mails, wasting time, and etc.

I will just have to let everyone know the service I received in town.

My car's stock system sounds fantastic but it was clearly lacking in bass (the so-called 'subwoofers' are mounted below each front seat). It has a 15 speaker Lexicon system. I got in touch w/ @ktulu909 who works for Mobile One and he helped me out with picking a great set of amps (forgot the brand) to go with a 12" Rockford Fosgate sub mounted in my trunk. They did a great job with the installation...

It sounds so much better than stock w/ the added punch of the sub. Before it was a joke with bass...

292640313_111591414946070_2378909699124679558_n.jpg

Last edited:
But you gotta power them. So you either drop the $$$ on Rockford Fosgate OR go to a pawn shop that sells Pyramid amps for 1/3 the price ( that will last 1/3 the life of Fosgate).
Active bazooka's..I have two 6" 100 watt tubes under the back seat of the truck with 6x9 kickers in the front doors and 6.5" kickers in the back doors. Sounds good enough for me.

Buy car, listen to music at a reasonable level - prolly Billy Joel or Billy Joel-like, turn it down when I'm concentrating on an address or traffic - maybe some quiet talk radio - turn the bass down that my kid turned up all the way again - stock car stereo :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom