car title swap/across state lines (1 Viewer)


Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Oct 4, 2004
Reaction score
Not Kenner
what do i need to do??

getting a car from my brother-in-law for free....i have to fly to north carolina to get it and drive back.....i have bought and sold cars but always within louisiana....what steps are required so that i have proper documentation on the ride back??
I would that all you need is the title (signed over to you), a bill of sale, and proof of insurance.
thanks staphory, anybody else know about this??
Sounds about right to me. Be careful with Louisiana though they are going to probably try to tack on sales tax once you try to register it here (even if you paid nothing for it). I would see about registering it in NC or your BnL letting keep the plates for a while to avoid registering it in La for a while.

Or just getting all the formalities out of the way and getting a La plate before you go to NC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom