Carr’s future? (3 Viewers)

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was just listening to Nick Underhill on his channel and he was basically making the point that usually when a new coach comes in, so does a new QB, and I think that’s a true statement. So what does that mean for Carr? Does he stick around another year? Is it even possible to trade or cut him?

I’d kind of feel bad for the guy if we let him go because of Allen. He just started to feel comfortable playing here, and I think he would be a good transition QB. He seems like he’d be a good mentor/example for the younger guys.

If a new coach comes in Carr will still be here. Smart for a new coach to have a decent QB to start off his career ,instead of drafting someone and wait for him to learn the offense.
Carr isn’t perfect, but he has so much experience learning new systems so I think it would be smart to stick with him at least for a year.

Carr will be here through the 2025 season at a minimum no matter what happens.

I listened to the Underhill stream and he did mention the possibility of trading Carr. I don't think he thinks that's going to happen. But I wouldn't say it can't happen.

Was just listening to Nick Underhill on his channel and he was basically making the point that usually when a new coach comes in, so does a new QB, and I think that’s a true statement. So what does that mean for Carr? Does he stick around another year? Is it even possible to trade or cut him?

I’d kind of feel bad for the guy if we let him go because of Allen. He just started to feel comfortable playing here, and I think he would be a good transition QB. He seems like he’d be a good mentor/example for the younger guys.
Carr will be restructured next year and still be our QB.

Carr will be here through the 2025 season at a minimum no matter what happens.
Almost a certainty. That contract is getting restructured, it’s probably the most critical part of the plan to get under the cap in 2025. Once that’s done, I can’t imagine the Saints shipping him off after paying him nearly $40m, made more difficult regardless by Loomis giving him a no trade clause.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom