Carr’s future? (1 Viewer)

Vikings a few years ago with Cousins and now the Saints with Carr: “wow, franchise QBs never hit the open market, score!”

The rest of us: “yes, you are right. They don’t.”

Last edited:
Was just listening to Nick Underhill on his channel and he was basically making the point that usually when a new coach comes in, so does a new QB, and I think that’s a true statement. So what does that mean for Carr? Does he stick around another year? Is it even possible to trade or cut him?

I’d kind of feel bad for the guy if we let him go because of Allen. He just started to feel comfortable playing here, and I think he would be a good transition QB. He seems like he’d be a good mentor/example for the younger guys.
I would start Rattler for the rest of the season. This season is over, see what you have for the future.

I never get all the Carr hate he is a good dude and a decent QB he isn’t a HOF QB but he isn’t bad. When he plays he isn’t the problem. He can’t hide flaws in a roster like Brees but trust me we could be way worse off.
No hate, just an honest assessment of a mid-tier QB below guys like Cousins or Dak.

Ideally the Saints braintrust plans long term.

If there is a QB in the draft who looks to be franchise-caliber, then we fire Allen and draft that QB.

If not, keep DA/Carr for another year. Then we can have a clean slate for 2026, particularly with the salary cap, and draf a QB in 2026 if we don't have one yet.

I don't want anymore retread QBs as planned starters. Its not the way to build a consistent winner.

Don't know Carr's future, but I hope it's not a stint on dancing with the stars.

Saints just haven't been right since he pulled that Michael Jackson move. :shrug:
No they were still rolling until Ruiz and McCoy got injured. And Taysom, and Olave, and Shaheed, etc etc

I never get all the Carr hate he is a good dude and a decent QB he isn’t a HOF QB but he isn’t bad. When he plays he isn’t the problem. He can’t hide flaws in a roster like Brees but trust me we could be way worse off.
My feelings exactly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom