Carson Palmer's comments about the Saints (1 Viewer)

ballaholic

Game-Breaker
Reaction score
In an interview after the Bengals lost to Baltimore last week, Palmer said the Media would be "high on the Bengals" if they just win a game....he went on to say that "for example"..."we'll go down to New Orleans in 2 weeks and blow out the Saints...everyone will be praising us"....

he didn't say it in the context of "if we go down to new orleans and blow out the saints"....he said it like...yea we're planning on going down and embarrassing the saints that week...

one thing i know we can guarantee...is that we'll play to the end...i hope they taped that interview and play it before the Cincy game...

if bush has a break out game, that'll be the one

Not to worry, I have it on good authority from Mr. Banana that the Bengals will be starting Carson Daly, not Carson Palmer. LOL!

Your post has a lot of elipses in it (the three dots ...) meaning you have left some of it out. Did you actually hear the interview, or just parts of it?

Palmer isn't likely to give us any bulletin board material is why I ask.

You should mention if you are posting a direct quote, or if you are posting your impressions.

ddd

i heard it and he is correct. But i got the impression there was an implied "if" in there

There would have to be some serious editing of that tape for any Saints player or coach to take offense at what Carson said. Just like how there was some serious editing of what he said versus what you claim he said.

his comments were about the media and how those idiots jump on the bandwagon of every "hot" team. his comments were NOT about the saints, but it's not surprizing that some people choose to latch onto what they want to hear and miss the real message.

his comments were about the media and how those idiots jump on the bandwagon of every "hot" team. his comments were NOT about the saints, but it's not surprizing that some people choose to latch onto what they want to hear and miss the real message.

the comments were relating to the media yes...but he singled-out the Saints game as his example and did use the words "blow-out the Saints". i'm not trying to light a fire...but its another example of the lack of respect we get...i couldn't quote it word for word because it was on t.v and not in the print media....i'll look for the quote on some cincy websites to see if i can find the exact quote for you bro'...

why wouldn't he single-out their next opponent...instead he jumps to their Away game against the Saints...

He did single out SD.

He was saying if they beat SD this week and then blowout the Saints next week, everyone would be back on their bandwagon.

And it's true.

This is a non-story.

In an interview after the Bengals lost to Baltimore last week, Palmer said the Media would be "high on the Bengals" if they just win a game....he went on to say that "for example"..."we'll go down to New Orleans in 2 weeks and blow out the Saints...everyone will be praising us"....

This is a serious example of how quotes, when taken out of context, can be used to infer some meaning other than the original intent.

why wouldn't he single-out their next opponent...instead he jumps to their Away game against the Saints...

He did talk about San Diego.

BADABING! We have a winner!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom