Speculation Changing out your SS, FS, NB, in the same season, is not paying off. Loomis???? (1 Viewer)

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
Loomis went cheap on SS, FS, NB, because we never pay safeties/NB. Mathieu has been MIA so far, and Maye has been banged up. only 1 INT. I really don't think DA had a say in, not signing Williams, or Jenkins, or trading Ceddy. We are 54 million over the cap, and down a few draft choices, just to rebuild in 2023? Do we really want to rebuild this team w/ DA as Coach, and Micky Loomis as GM? The remaining games on the schedule, will decide their fate. I am losing faith in both.

We lost our range when Williams left, and now go double deep safeties. Teams just find the miss match, and we lose that battle because we can't wrap up tackle ie Roby! CJGJ, Jenkins and Williams's departure gutted the defense and quickly made it look pedestrian. All that leadership left the building, and it shows.

Side note...we are asking to much of Roby, more than I think he is letting us down. Jamar Chase is a beast.

Winning is contagious..........................and so is losing.

I feel your pain but I'll point to a couple of league-wide trends. One, unless you are talking Ed Reed or Troy Polomau type safeties (ball hawks), most teams value lockdown corners more than safeties. We have a top 5 corner in Latt and Adebo/Roby are solid corners. I think DA (Pre HC valued diverse skill DBs more than pure safeties). That said, I do think DA signed off on letting Marcus go because of cap concerns.
My question is what are cap priorities moving forward I assume they planning to extend Dav but that would be a bad move in my view. We could have kept Chauncey instead Dav.

I feel your pain but I'll point to a couple of league-wide trends. One, unless you are talking Ed Reed or Troy Polomau type safeties (ball hawks), most teams value lockdown corners more than safeties. We have a top 5 corner in Latt and Adebo/Roby are solid corners. I think DA (Pre HC valued diverse skill DBs more than pure safeties). That said, I do think DA signed off on letting Marcus go because of cap concerns.
My question is what are cap priorities moving forward I assume they planning to extend Dav but that would be a bad move in my view. We could have kept Chauncey instead Dav.
My grievance, was not in any one single move, it was questioning the wisdom to change out all three in the same season.

Loomis went cheap on SS, FS, NB, because we never pay safeties/NB. Mathieu has been MIA so far, and Maye has been banged up. only 1 INT. I really don't think DA had a say in, not signing Williams, or Jenkins, or trading Ceddy. We are 54 million over the cap, and down a few draft choices, just to rebuild in 2023? Do we really want to rebuild this team w/ DA as Coach, and Micky Loomis as GM? The remaining games on the schedule, will decide their fate. I am losing faith in both.

We lost our range when Williams left, and now go double deep safeties. Teams just find the miss match, and we lose that battle because we can't wrap up tackle ie Roby! CJGJ, Jenkins and Williams's departure gutted the defense and quickly made it look pedestrian. All that leadership left the building, and it shows.

Side note...we are asking to much of Roby, more than I think he is letting us down. Jamar Chase is a beast.

Winning is contagious..........................and so is losing.
We went cheap because of the cap.
Jenkins retired
Williams couldn't be retained because of price.
The CJGJ trade was just dumb and impulsive.

My grievance, was not in any one single move, it was questioning the wisdom to change out all three in the same season.
Good point, so do you think Loomis made the call or DA?

Good point, so do you think Loomis made the call or DA?
I really think DA had the say in many coaching hires, but personnel is squarely on Loomis. Because Loomis has to make the money work. The cap drove the Williams decision. We are really only paying Latt top $$$.

I think most knew this day would come. Our cap situation over the last few years has been ugly and we managed to hold on to guys trying to win now. We're now at a point where we have to pay the piper. It'll take us a couple seasons to get right and start thinking about winning again.

DA hiring Doug Marrone as offensive line coach was the 2nd biggest mistake of the season

*Put Dan Roushar back in charge

But the biggest mistake is

pathetic Pete Carmichael

**Louie will bet his life PC will be out of the NFL next year

Didn't really have a choice.

Williams, our FS, played himself out of our price range and had to be replaced with Mathieu.

Jenkins, our SS (since people are somehow confused?), retired, so had to be replaced with Maye.

After failed negotiations CJGJ quit on the team and stopped listening to coaches, he had to be traded to avoid him destroying the team from the inside. If Latt and Adebo were heathy Taylor would be balling out at NB.

And you have failed to account for health, we haven't had our starting secondary healthy yet for one game this season. Some games we were down to 3rd stringers starting. Chris Harris Jr was just in his PJ's 3 weeks ago. When you're having to cover up deficiencies like that, no one can play at their best.

I think most knew this day would come. Our cap situation over the last few years has been ugly and we managed to hold on to guys trying to win now. We're now at a point where we have to pay the piper. It'll take us a couple seasons to get right and start thinking about winning again.
Actually the prevailing opinion he was “Loomis is a wizard and we always make the cap work, nothing to see here”.

Correct on 3 years to get out of the cap hell and build a young roster. But we’re asking the GM who evaluated DA as best choice as HC to build the roster. Very debatable if he can pull it off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom