Cheerios Super Bowl Commercial (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When the Coke America the Beautiful commercial ad aired I knew instantly that there was going to be outrage over it.

This one completely caught me off guard, really people?????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LKuQrKeGe6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheerios 2014 Game Day Ad | "Gracie" - YouTube

Super Bowl ad by Cheerios causing interracial stir, comments pulled from YouTube | FOX Sports on MSN

The outrage over this commercial and the Coke commercial is why we can't have nice things.

Grow the **** up, America.

The Cheerios ad was actually publicized before the super bowl, test marketed and what not. As I understand it, Cheerios pretty much knew that there would be backlash and just said "screw it, we're going to do what we want".

I thought it was a great commercial.

The Cheerios ad was actually publicized before the super bowl, test marketed and what not. As I understand it, Cheerios pretty much knew that there would be backlash and just said "screw it, we're going to do what we want".

I thought it was a great commercial.

me too. plus, america already outraged the last time cheerios had a interracial commercial. i thought it would be time to rage onto something else.

ok so am I supposed to be outraged over the commercial or outraged over the outrage?

I thought the dog request by the little girl at the very end was priceless.

And yes, it is absolutely disgusting there is continued outrage over this commercial but lets be honest, a lot of people still have problems with interracial dating in the world. As a white guy, I've dated Asian women and some of the looks you get from people out in public is pretty pathetic.

I have a friend who currently lives in Osaka Japan, he's white, from NY, married a Japanese woman there. He tells me the racism is thick as hell up there. He speaks fluent Japanese and has heard people say some pretty bigoted things about his wife and kid when they're out @ the Osaka Castle.

I mean, seriously, she is demanding a puppy? How dare Cheerios air a commercial with such a demanding kid! :covri::hihi:

/manufactured outrage

I have a friend who currently lives in Osaka Japan, he's white, from NY, married a Japanese woman there. He tells me the racism is thick as hell up there. He speaks fluent Japanese and has heard people say some pretty bigoted things about his wife and kid when they're out @ the Osaka Castle.

timothy-630x395.jpg

Why was the maid part of the father/daughter discussion? :idunno:

they are getting a puppy.... and a horse of course.

The first thing I thought when I saw that commercial was thank goodness they didn't use an Asian kid.

Who cares what people say in YouTubes commments though? Every popular video on that site has tons racist comments. When I'm in the mood for some racism the first place I go is YouTubes.

I've long held that people never really got less racist, they just got better about hiding it. The internet, however, is eroding that illusion and people are starting to become more vocal about their bigotry again.

Black women hate that commercial the most. White women are taking away eligible brothers and all the sisters are going to have to end up marrying a Puerto Rican or something.

Black chicks don't want no pet goat named Chico.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom