Chris Manhertz (1 Viewer)

He's gonna have to have a big preseason for that to happen.

RJ Harris blew up last year in camp, as I recall.......and then did next to nothing in preseason.

What chance does he have of transitioning a solid camp into becoming a solid #2 te for us?

Just based on how green he is by every account since we signed him last year, I'd guess we should look for another season on the practice squad before we start expecting him to contribute. But who knows, maybe he's improved a lot over the summer. I just haven't heard much about him coming out of WV yet.

Jimmy Graham only had one year of college so this past year on the practice squad should have been comparable (maybe slightly less) to that. We'll know for sure when the preseason starts.

Manhertz looked great catching the ball in practice videos. Spending all of the 2015 season on the Saints practice squad should have helped him develop into a much better player than he was at this time last year. He could be a productive weapon for the Saints, the question is how would he fit? Josh Hill looks to be the 3rd TE, he is unlikely to be cut after we just signed him to a big contract this offseason. For Manhertz to make the roster the Saints would have to carry 4 TE (unless one of the tight ends gets injured).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom