Chris Wallace Takes Fox & Friends to Task (2 Viewers)

Ha! Go Chris Wallace. He deserves a paycheck bonus for laying it down.

No, no, im not saying I totally agree with what hes saying about Obama, I do think the context of that "typical white person is being twisted like a Twizzler, whatever Obama meant by it. I am agreeing about what hes saying about Fox's on air tactics.

Chick the in the yellow nailed it, IMO, "I've been saying this for days"

Oh, and I have always hated, I mean hated with a deep demonic passion "Fox and Friends"

Oh, Doocy and Kilmeade just need to go ahead and come out of the closet.

I honestly can't fathom the depths of mouth-breathing stupidity demonstrated by entire Fox and Friends crew.

There are the legal consequences to acting on prejudice, and then there is the type of prejudice meant to increase one's positive predictive value for processing sensory inputs in one's daily activities. Obama and everyone else fail to recognize the motives between the two types. In the latter case, being prejudiced has survival value. The early man reactions to a sabertoothed tiger, and a kitten helped reduce the herd of stupid people, in a Darwinian fashion.

It is one thing to process the likelihood of being harmed by a little hunched-over lady vs a young man carrying a tire iron towards me, versus passing laws prohibiting the latter to protect the public. Even if the latter flows from the former, it is wrong.

The whole week has the flavor of a phony WWF dustup. I know much of this is designed to gin up ratings and sustain some media-generated interest in a race which by all accounts is effectively over.

Republicans cannot do much well, but they can dust off the 1972 playbook and make Obama a direct descendent of the radicals of the period. Obama might want to be JFK, but against McCain, we'll get the 1952 and 1956 elections when the refined intellectual lost twice to the war hero. Americans like things simple, real simple.

There are the legal consequences to acting on prejudice, and then there is the type of prejudice meant to increase one's positive predictive value for processing sensory inputs in one's daily activities. Obama and everyone else fail to recognize the motives between the two types. In the latter case, being prejudiced has survival value. The early man reactions to a sabertoothed tiger, and a kitten helped reduce the herd of stupid people, in a Darwinian fashion.

It is one thing to process the likelihood of being harmed by a little hunched-over lady vs a young man carrying a tire iron towards me, versus passing laws prohibiting the latter to protect the public. Even if the latter flows from the former, it is wrong.

The whole week has the flavor of a phony WWF dustup. I know much of this is designed to gin up ratings and sustain some media-generated interest in a race which by all accounts is effectively over.

Republicans cannot do much well, but they can dust off the 1972 playbook and make Obama a direct descendent of the radicals of the period. Obama might want to be JFK, but against McCain, we'll get the 1952 and 1956 elections when the refined intellectual lost twice to the war hero. Americans like things simple, real simple.
Refined intellectual?

My gosh, the crestfallen looks on their faces, like . "this just doesn't happen here...does not compute...."
I've been noticing Wallace pulling away from the party line a bit in recent months, ever since the showdown with Bill Clinton....

Its been said before on here, but all of the networks have *******s on them that I do not trust. MSNBC with Olberman, and Matthews. to CNN and Lou Dobbs and yes even FOX. Its all posturing and this sense of arrogance that these people think their important. the only difference between FOX and the rest is that they lean more to the right and to the media, thats sacreligous. you are not supposed to do that. So is it hypocritical of some people on CNN to bash FOX when they themselves have biases and slanted views? Maybe so, but then their egos and their pocket books come from feading their contiuency drivel down a barrel so I take it for what it is. the bottom line is the bottom line and that's the best available. version of the truth. what ever the hell that is. maybe one day one of them will get it right

Its been said before on here, but all of the networks have *******s on them that I do not trust. MSNBC with Olberman, and Matthews. to CNN and Lou Dobbs and yes even FOX. Its all posturing and this sense of arrogance that these people think their important. the only difference between FOX and the rest is that they lean more to the right and to the media, thats sacreligous. you are not supposed to do that. So is it hypocritical of some people on CNN to bash FOX when they themselves have biases and slanted views? Maybe so, but then their egos and their pocket books come from feading their contiuency drivel down a barrel so I take it for what it is. the bottom line is the bottom line and that's the best available. version of the truth. what ever the hell that is. maybe one day one of them will get it right

I agree 100% All these stations are biased. It is the same reason i stopped watching letterman. He use to be very funny and now is all political and has to force his agenda down our throats. CNN and especially MSNBC are on the Obama train. Foxnews was beyond anti-McCain and now are on his coattails. I am going into the voting booth this year putting on my blindfold and rubbing my hand all over and then casting my vote.

They once competed with each other, but now it's safer and editorially easier to divide the audience. Recall that the very existence of MSNBC and the continuation of evening news on CBS have been called into question. newspapers see decreased readership and ad revenues.

Today, you can create your own news universe which doesn't inform you objectively, but gives you the interpretation you want.

Why the heck can't we just have an honest discussion on race without anyone getting offended. Obama's "typical" remark is about perception and reality. Heck, a lot of the discussion on race (if it can be called a discussion) is about perception and reality.

IMO Obama could be using this whole Rev. Wright mess to generate honest discussion on both sides of the issue. However, to really have such a discussion you have to dismiss your own propensity, right, need, and even desire to be offended. You can't have this kind of discussion without offending someone so the interested parties have to get over it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom