"Classy" Fans On ESPN Messageboard (1 Viewer)

homertone

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was just checking around to see if there are any other good Ravens message boards and I came across the ESPN one. Here's an interesting thread with some compassionate fans:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=bal&tid=108673&lid=12

One poster when asked why the Saints are picked to win this game by almost everyone states:

"It is called PC. They all feel they have to be politcally correct. Since Bush created the hurricane to destroy the black state, now the rest of the country has to have pitty on New Orleans. Look at that monday night game. The announcers were having an orgy over how the citizens from New Orleans could pick them selves up and manage to take time away from blameing everyone, to attend a football game. Those fans are amazing. The only problem is that Bush didnt create the hurricane and I do not think a single fan that attends the saints games was homeless.

It is all a bunch of BS. They are even calling the saints "Americas Team".

They are not my team.

They Ravens should win this game. I do not see any part of the game that favors the Saints"

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That person clearly has more problems than those related to this football game...

Condor 63

Saints Fan ®
Reaction score
ESPN boards you should put zero stock in. Zero.

In my experience most of their boards are swamped with people better suited to smack than legitimate sports discussion.

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounded a little like sarcasm, too....?

I used to go to the ESPN message boards, too. For about a week or two until someone came on and posted about this site. Never looked back.

Its one of those sites where people spend more time trolling on other teams sites than they do looking at their own.

OP
homertone

homertone

All-Pro
Reaction score
ESPN boards you should put zero stock in. Zero.

In my experience most of their boards are swamped with people better suited to smack than legitimate sports discussion.
I don’t know. He sounds pretty knowledgeable to me. He should set up a podium with a microphone outside the Superdome on Sunday. I’m sure people would be VERY interested in hearing his thoughts.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Pay no mind to the ESPN boards. I used to hang out there a lot until I realized that its filled with what I take to be nothing but young adolescents who know nothing about football. You can't get any kind of intelligent football talk going with anyone. Its just a bunch of bandwagon fans that talk smack.

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the idea of message boards. I started out on the ESPN board about 3 months ago and couldn't believe the things the moderators allow to be said there. Fortunately for me, one day, a SR member started a thread about how great SR.com is and I've been here ever since.

saint_brees

Reaction score
the espn site is a troll magnet. posters get a bunch of yahoo accounts and then use them to get espn accounts to post garbage there. i wouldn't go there for sports, trolls go there just to pull people chains.

Hornfan87

Reaction score
I think that was Aaron Brooks that made that post.

He is apparently bitter that he is on the pine on a team that is circling the drain and about to be flushed.
I'm surpised he didn't say that Haslett deserved to keep his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
If crowd was allowed, Saints fans would've dominated at Raiders home opener, forecast shows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
ndcc Saints Pats fans have "mixed feelings" about Tom Terrific in Tampa Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Spera: The Saints in the Superdome without fans will be weird, but still worth watching Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fan confidence high heading into NFL fans’ most anticipated matchup of Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints say fake crowd noise can’t come close to real fans at the Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Dan in Lafayette Saints not cleared to host fans for Sept. 27 game vs. Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 141
2021 NFL Draft names Saints fans need to know that won’t play this fall: Defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
All Tickets should go to the Loudest Fans when we reopen Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Andrus No tailgating: Saints fans asked to take one for the team and stay home SR News Page Articles 0
Phase 3 (fans?) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saints defense will have to adjust to the new “normal” in the Dome without screaming fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Even without fans, Saints announcer plan to bring the noise SR News Page Articles 0
Have they said ifbthere gonna have virtual fans in the dome sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Michael Thomas is NFL’s fantasy fans’ top WR choice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WHODAT_N So I saw the Saints are allowing fans after week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
Thomas Morstead urges Saints fans to 'scream through the TV' ahead of Sunday's season opener Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Raiders featured in ESPN’s multi-network presentation Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara This ESPN writer bold enough to state the obvious about Brady Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Espn: Bucs will have a better offense than the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Try not to laugh read from ESPN. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29